Posted on 4/12/2022
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 10+ years of experience in a customer-facing sales, developer relations, consulting or facilitation roles
- Significant knowledge and experience within the software development industry
- Strong understanding of open source, Git and GitHub workflows
- Ability to have a technical conversation around the DevOps workflow including Planning, source control, CI/CD and deployment to cloud
- Exceptional organizational skills; this role requires orchestrating diverse stakeholders and a critical attention to deadlines and timing
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Conversational skills - Being able to initiate and steer conversations is a huge part of the job
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience creating and refining content, presentations and demos for target audiences
- Collaborative and team oriented with an interest in working for a fast-paced organization like GitHub
- Some travel (20-25%)
- Be the face and voice of GitHub externally. Facilitate and present at GitHub-led activities (webinars, conferences, Executive Briefings, etc.) as well as third party conferences and events, both large and small
- Work closely with the Marketing and Sales teams at GitHub to prioritize activities and attendance based on organizational priorities and external feedback
- Be a thought leader. Coordinate with internal stakeholders within GitHub's Product, Engineering and Marketing functions to continuously refine content and generate ideas for new content for externally facing activities
- Build product demos in conjunction with GitHub's Sales, Product and Engineering teams and deliver them at scale in relevant mediums
- Stay in tune with industry trends and document feedback from each activity. Create summaries for GitHub's Product, Engineering and Leadership teams on the learnings
- Build a wide and diverse network amongst the enterprise developer community so they know there is a trustworthy individual inside GitHub that can advocate for their needs
- Broad knowledge of the software development industry and workflows
- High energy and positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Open-source code hosting
GitHub is on a mission is to build a global platform for developer collaboration. The company operates an open-source coding hosting and collaboration platform
- A diverse and inclusive workplace - At GitHub, we think that a diverse company is a strong company, and we work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Learn more about our commitment to diversity.
- Work happier - Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Lead from any location - GitHub is a remote-first company with offices located throughout the US, Europe, and Asia. Whether you live near an office or not, GitHub believes you can do your best work wherever you are. If you work remotely, you will receive a stipend to outfit your home office and receive reoccurring reimbursement refreshes.
- Put your health and family first - You’ll enjoy 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, including coverage for dependents. We also offer five months of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year.
- Find your zen - GitHub provides a monthly wellness stipend designed to cover anything from gym memberships, massage, meditation apps, or any other wellness related expenses.
- Invest in your future - At GitHub, you’ll have a stake in the future success of our platform with equity grants. For full-time employees, we offer competitive 401k planning with a 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit.
- Keep growing - Learn how you learn best. From books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
- Give back to your community - We believe in sharing our time, resources, and products to contribute to positive social impact. GitHub matches charitable donations up to $15,000 per calendar year. And for each hour (up to 40 hours) of volunteering per year, you will receive $20 to donate to an organization of your choice.
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.