Blockchain Security Engineer Intern (Rust/Golang)
Posted on 5/15/2022
- The internship is suitable for the current Master's/Ph.D. students, or strong undergraduates looking for experience solving real-world blockchain security and correctness challenges. You should be familiar with one of the following areas:
- Experience with the blockchain dApp(smart contract, protocols, etc.) auditing to reveal any potential security vulnerabilities
- Experience with the blockchain dApp(smart contract, protocols, etc.) development in one of the languages Solidity, Rust, and Golang
- Able to take apart abstract concepts and put them back together from both a macro and micro point of view
- Have are great at tightly weaving together loose thoughts on either level into a clearly written narrative
- Able to go beyond placing yourself in the mind's eye of a project's creator, to placing yourself in the minds of various adversarial or free-riding actors
- Ability to display an uncommon degree of common sense in the way you raise attention to issues involved in all of the above
- Comfortable regularly taking ownership over more than you were foreseeably assigned while engaged in all of the above
- Work with blockchain security engineer to audit their code and secure/optimize their products including smart contracts, protocols, and Dapp
- Conduct research on blockchain-related fields and deliver posts for internal/external training purposes
- Describe and explain technical concepts to clients, community, and co-workers
- Directly speak daily with your team typically within core hours and coordinate asynchronously outside of core hours to organize tasking
- Implement test cases for smart-contract or blockchain protocol
- Passionate about Cryptocurrency/Defi/Blockchain
- Previous professional experience as SWE, or Security Engineer
- Experience in solidity, the EVM, and blockchain technology
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Security Information
- Solid experience in threat analysis, APT, or response
- Experienced in threat and vulnerability management, penetration testing, and SecOps (intrusion detection, security logging, malware analysis, and forensics)
- Experience with Rust and Golang language for development is a plus
- Strong Math background is a plus
Cybersecurity for the blockchain
CertiK's mission is to secure the cyber world. Starting with blockchain, CertiK applies cutting-edge innovations from academia into enterprise, enabling mission-critical applications to be built with security and correctness.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- HSA (with high deductible plan)
- Flexible paid time off
Company Core Values
- Excellence - We aim for excellence in everything we do. From the services we deliver to our customers, to how we collaborate together.
- Trustworthy - We act with integrity and treat others with respect. We have the courage to speak the truth and rely on each other.
- Curiosity - We are curious by nature - driven to explore, and innovate in everything we do.
- Flexibility - We encourage flexibility during working hours so you can be inspired to innovate new solutions.