Senior Sales Engineer, Federal
Posted on 6/25/2022
Wilmington, DE, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Act customer first and obsessed with helping customers drive digital transformation
- Think big and demonstrate excellence in the application of technology to solve all kinds of problems
- Possess a “Get it done” and “Own it” philosophy to drive customer success leveraging knowledge and experience within the data science, analytics, or big data markets
- Feel comfortable talking with all levels of customer teams from individual contributors to C-level executives using language that appropriately translates complex technical and business information
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a sales engineering or consulting role for a SaaS company, with a deep understanding of the data analytics ecosystem
- Experience working hands on within the data warehousing, data management, business intelligence and/or data science space
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational, decision making and presentation skills
- Ability to work in an independent, collaborative and fast paced environment
- AWS, Azure, GCP and/or SnowPro certifications a plus
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, math or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to travel regionally as needed
- Build trusted relationships with Snowflake internal resources, external partners, and client account teams to qualify deals, identify business value, and provide technical guidance in order to set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Leverage knowledge of a domain or industry to align Snowflake's value to the customers' business and technical problems
- Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving technology and landscape while maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them
- Conduct discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify, and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and produce a detailed solution proposal
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to deliver standard, customized and/or strategic solution demonstrations, white boarding, presentations, and best practices that showcase functional capabilities, competitive advantages, and business benefits of the Snowflake solutions throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation
- Guides customers in digital transformation and cloud adoption, understanding where Snowflake integrates with holistic architecture and strategy
- Provide ongoing, post-sales, technical guidance to the customer's technical team to drive customer utilization of Snowflake and digital transformation success
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Snowflake's products and marketing
Data warehouse for the cloud
Snowflake has become a global force to help mobilize the world’s data. Snowflake enables thousands of organizations to have seamless access to explore, share, and unlock the true value of their data.
- We've got your back - We offer comprehensive health insurance plans, health savings accounts, robust retirement plans, and generous life and disability insurance.
- A Balanced Lifestyle - All Snowflakes have access to our weekly online lunch and learns, virtual workout classes, and ergonomic work-from-home equipment. We offer on-demand mental health and wellness programs to support our employees and their families.
- Your People Matter - Help offset the cost of growing your family with our fertility benefits and family planning resources. Count on our generous time-off and various leave plans for you to rest, refuel, and sustain a great work-life balance.
- Global Snowflake Team - No matter where you are in the world, we will get you connected and supported with a work-from-home setup.
- Treat Yourself - Personalize your Snowflake benefits by tapping into our employee discounts and pre-tax selections.
- Invest In Your Future - Eligible employees enjoy new hire equity, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), and a quarterly bonus or commission program.
- Put Customers First
- Integrity Always
- Think Big
- Be Excellent
- Make Each Other the Best
- Get It Done
- Own It
- Embrace Each Other's Differences