Sr. Software Engineer in Test
Backend/Cloud, US Remote
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Seattle, WA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Raleigh, NC...
Google Cloud Platform
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Python (most preferred), Go, Java, Ruby or C++
- Experience using Git solutions: GitHub, GitLab or Bitbucket
- Working knowledge of AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure
- Good SaaS background with an understanding of API and microservices testing
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes or any container orchestration solution
- Extensive experience in test automation frameworks like pytest, Selenium, or Go testing frameworks like Gingko
- Solid knowledge of CI/CD technologies like Jenkins
- Excellent in critical thinking and problem solving
- Expert in exploratory testing (preferably white-box)
- In depth system administration skills in Linux and Windows
- Effective communicator who can be a technical spokesperson for their Team/Area in architecture or technology discussions
- Experience building test frameworks and infrastructure
- Experience dealing with cross-functional teams, including Support and Sustaining
- Ability to lead test design and code reviews
- BS EE or CS degree; 8+ years of related experience (or Master's with 6+ years of experience or PhD with 3+ years of experience) or equivalent
- Effective communicator. Excellence in verbal and written communication, the ability to be concise and effective in getting ideas across to other people and teams. Effectively communicate with senior leadership and architects on test related subjects
- Distributed solutions. Experience in setting up and working on distributed systems like Amazon Web Services Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, K8s
- API Driven Testing Experience. Expertise on developing test automation and working with HTTP APIs, such as REST, GraphQL or gRPC
- Experience in building/improving test automation frameworks. 3+ years experience developing test automation in C++, Python, Java, Golang. Ability to triage and fix complex issues in highly distributed environments and platforms while recommending corrective action. Developing backend and frontend automation, analyzing test results to ensure quality products and quality user experiences
- Develop/research automation tools used to improve the test coverage efficiency and sufficiency. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems. System/critical thinking and big picture mentality are important
- Proficient in SCMS - Github, Gitlab and CI-CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, etc. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems
- Quality. Draft test plans, develop functional and end-to-end automated tests using Python, Selenium/Cypress
- Customer engagement: Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases. Incorporate customer use cases and telemetry data into testing
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing diverse engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities! We also believe mentors help both the individuals and the company grow
- Safe, diverse, collaborative, and supportive work environment. Splunk strongly supports working in an open, safe, and inclusive environment
- Balance. Splunk is a people-first company and Splunkers are encouraged to maintain a work-life balance. We trust our Splunkers to be responsible for their time and commitment and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
Company Core Values
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.