Senior Software Development Consultant
Solutions Games Consulting
Posted on 6/9/2022
Canada • Remote
- Capable of developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications, including a solid understanding of software development lifecycles
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and able to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge via written reports
- Comfortable when it comes to diving into areas outside of their expertise to help our customers
- Work with customers on a regular basis for short-term consultations and give them advice on how to resolve their performance issues and improve their existing workflows, including on-site and remote visits
- Become embedded with external customer teams to consult on games in long term engagements
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams and provide customer feedback and use cases to them
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Deep graphics programming knowledge and experience writing shaders
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
Company Core Values
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.