Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We’re known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we’re doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane is looking for a Senior Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to join our innovative software engineering team to strategically drive new product development schedules while helping the organization reach its overarching business goals. This role will specifically focus on executing and overseeing our software release convergence, which will include: working with Release Engineer Manager to setup software release process, managing software convergence, and sharing critical insights with leadership and key stakeholders. By ensuring the software release management runs smoothly, the EPM plays a crucial role in informing future decisions on product, marketing, design and more. The EPM achieves this by being a stellar communicator, highly collaborative, detail-oriented, insightful, driven to manage project risk and always “closing the loop.”
What You Might Do
- Work with Release Engineer to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality software releases
- Develop and maintain a release schedule that aligns with business priorities and meets customer expectations.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve issues that impact the delivery of software releases
- Be an integral part of the deployment team to continuously improve the quality of our products by identifying and implementing process improvements
- Partner with the tools and infrastructure team to develop and maintain a roadmap that supports the needs of our development teams
- Maintain and analyze data in order to provide reports to internal stakeholders and executive leadership on top issues, usage metrics, and overall health of the program
- Write user stories, process documentation, workflows, standards and methodologies
- Translate complex technical issues into actionable paths for the team
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management or software development
- Directly managed the software development lifecycle from concept to delivery for 4+ products or 2+ years of release cycles. Bonus if you had focus on device software
- Proven track record for removing ambiguity and delivering clarity
- You have managed software releases for first party devices from development to post launch
- You have built and/or run hardware
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator and understand the nuances of what needs to be communicated when reporting a bug for a software engineer versus writing a report for the executive team
- You relentlessly pursue the execution and delivery of exceptional products and services
- You are passionate, inspired, creative
- You have a desire to work in a collaborative environment where honesty and accountability are paramount
- You are able to drive tasks independently and escalate and communicate issues and needs clearly
- You can easily adapt to ever changing technologies and work priorities
- You value follow-through, organization, and solving hard problems
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You are excited by the opportunity to build something from scratch and aren’t afraid of making mistakes, but rather, excited to learn from them!
Salary range: $185,000 - $200,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you’ll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.