- Minimum 6 years of experience in Customer Service Strategy & Transformation, Customer Experience Strategy & Transformation, and Digital Marketing and Personalization
- Minimum 4 years of external or internal consulting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Client business partner with ability to understand client’s business challenges and frame solutions
- Lead the translation of complex business requirements and specifications between client executives and technical SMEs
- Leverage working knowledge of various marketing technology platforms to create viable sales opportunities for clients and partners
- Assess the client’s MarTech stack and recommend optimal approaches spanning features, integrations, and requirements
- Assess vendors and product implementations to build bridges between technology and its application
- Direct client engagement using design through development
- Build products to meet client needs using existing marketing technology platforms
- Strong functional knowledge of Marketing and exposure to platforms like Adobe, Salesforce, SAP Hybris, Demandware, ServiceNow, Pega, etc.
- Experience in technology architecture and creating integration roadmaps
- Familiarity with marketing operations for guiding new CX practices underpinned by technology
- Experience in applying MarTech, data, and campaign process to drive personalization
- Experience engaging with senior leadership and serving as a trusted advisor
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
WongDoody has an immediate opening for a gifted VP, Marketing Technology/Solution Architect who can bring creativity to the ways our clients build their MarTech stack to drive full-funnel Customer Experience (CX), Employee Experience (EX), digital marketing, commerce, service management, and best-in-class delivery capabilities.
As CMO’s are being asked to rationalize their technology and agency ecosystems, we need to close the gap between digital transformation and customer transformation in efforts to accelerate the value that comes with a vendor that runs both back-office and the front-end (i.e., us).
This person would balance the art and science of MarTech, viewing data and technology as an applied science through the lens of design and experience. They’ll offer vision for transformation within migration projects, but first and foremost remain a solutions-oriented strategist who can understand new systems, components, or technologies in context of the business’ need to enable OKRs and service an ever-changing customer.
As an organization, WongDoody and Infosys remain tech-agnostic, but clients look to us for critical perspective on how vendors selection and integration can enable customer experience. This individual would act as a trusted advisor to the client business, and may work with Infosys engineers, architects, and solution designers to enable a strategic vision that makes marketing technologies run better and drives accretive value to the enterprise.
What you’ll do:
Under the direction of Global Chief Strategy Officer:
- Client business partner with ability to suss out the client’s business challenges and frame solutions to “solve not sell.”
- Lead the translation of complex business requirements and specifications between client executives and technical SMEs.
- Leverage working knowledge of the various marketing technology platforms to create viable sales opportunities for our clients and partners.
- Build a scalable Marketing Technology model grounded in realistic goals.
- Lead the discussions around these platforms to all internal stakeholders.
- Own the creation and deployment of knowledge bases around both current and emerging marketing technologies.
- Assess the client’s MarTech stack, as well as working processes, to recommend an optimal approach spanning features, integrations and requirements that can elevate their practices.
- Level-set our view of the client’s stack and capabilities, resources, and processes
- Provide options for each component within the stack as well as understanding of the options and limitations that various configurations would provide.
- Assess vendors and product implementations to build bridges between technology and its application (i.e., theory and experience)
- Create cost-out, performance gains or increased complexity of CX offerings through consolidation of vendors.
- Find the shortest path to small-scale pilots, from audits and frameworks to POCs that can be scaled across campaigns, products, markets.
- Ability to deliver a gap analysis approach to the client’s current omni-channel solutions, expressed through a matrix of Channel x Experience.
- Help the client generally advance the sophistication of their practice through the lens of available resources, spanning data, technology, staff and operations.
- Direct client engagement using design through development.
- Win work with marketing departments and CMO’s.
- Building products to meet client needs using existing marketing technology platforms.
What you’re like:
- You have a technical background with strong functional knowledge of Marketing, and proven exposure for how these platforms like Adobe, Salesforce, SAP Hybris, Demandware, ServiceNow, Pega, etc. are used within the client organizations.
- Organically comfortable in and familiar with the culture and structures of creative organizations.
- Are versed in technology architecture and experienced in creating integration roadmaps.
- Basic familiarity with marketing operations for purposes of guiding new CX practices as they’re underpinned by technology.
- Experienced in applying MarTech, data and campaign process to drive personalization.
- Familiar with the ways the leading professional service firms (e.g., McKinsey, Deloitte, Accenture) engage clients upstream and create rationale and business cases for roadmap commitments and Capex investments.
- Familiar with premium account support from leading vendors (e.g., Adobe Consulting services), including their pricing and engagement models.
- Full journey exposure, to bring opportunities for growth and retention, positioning and perception, loyalty and advocacy.
What you’ve got:
- Minimum combined 6 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Customer Service Strategy & Transformation, Customer Experience Strategy & Transformation, and Digital Marketing and Personalization.
- Minimum of 4 years of external or internal consulting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Proven ability to manage a book of business and drive pipeline of opportunities.
- Prior experience working in a service environment.
- Prior experience engaging with senior leadership and serving as a trusted advisor.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate complex, strategic topics into specific, understandable goals, action plans, and deliverables.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in identifying needs, developing and executing action plans, and presenting outcomes and recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including dynamic presentation skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate.
We’ll pay you to come work here, because we’re generous like that. Our salary range for this role is $250-300k, but on top of your paycheck, you’ll receive a competitive benefit to help keep you healthy, secure, and balanced. You’ll get great medical, dental and vision insurance (paid in full) for employee only coverage, 401K with company match, extended holidays, flexible summer hours, and volunteer time off to name a few.
We are WongDoody. 2000 innovators, creators and designers in 22 studios across the world.
We create human experiences. Tell big stories for bold clients. Use design to save lives. For the past 30 years, WongDoody has been recognized as one of the most creative and innovative companies by Cannes Lions, Fast Company and EY, among others.
Since our founding, we have won hundreds of global awards for advertising, branding, experience design and strategy, while building a culture that consistently makes WongDoody one of the “Best Places to Work”. We recognize that our people and our values are paramount to our success. Now an Infosys company, our culture remains the same—open, inclusive and curious—rooted in Creative Democracy formed by our founders, Tracy Wong and Patrick Doody.
We’re just getting started.
See how we’re making an impact:https://www.wongdoody.com/work
Join our global team:http://www.wongdoody.com/careers/
WongDoody is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer where we are committed to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive workspace regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We are intentional about creating a space that celebrates, embraces, and also reflects the diversity of the world we live in. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
All candidate information is kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.