Posted on 6/28/2022
Remote in USA
- JD from an accredited school and current member in good standing with a state bar
- At least 4+ years of relevant experience
- Prior in-house experience required
- Solid foundation in complex commercial contracts and the ability to identify and solve for potential legal and business issues, coupled with the ability to act decisively in separating “the small stuff” from “the big stuff”
- Knowledge of privacy law and principles, including GDPR. Experience negotiating data processing agreements
- Clear and concise communication skills to effectively collaborate and negotiate with both internal and external business and legal teams
- Great project management skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, and remain collected under pressure
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take ownership of projects
- A team player mindset, pitching in wherever needed, whether or not it fits squarely into your role or expertise
- Adaptability in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and an enthusiasm for learning
- A passion for improving the lives of consumers through Affirm's products and services
- Humility, integrity and a killer sense of humor; you take your work seriously, but not yourself
- Structure, draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of vendor commercial agreements, including SaaS, consulting/professional services, staff augmentation, benefits, call center agreements, and data processing agreements
- Collaborate with and provide strategic and legal advice to various cross-functional teams, including but not limited to, Financial Partnerships (procurement), InfoSec, Trust & Safety, Customer Support, Engineering, and Finance
- Support an extremely fast-moving business with tight deadlines while providing diligent and thorough work product
- Handle ad-hoc projects across a spectrum of complex business, legal, and strategic issues, including M&A integration and critical supplier evaluations
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.