Canary Technologies is a fast-growing enterprise hospitality technology company that provides hotels with innovative solutions to drive efficiency and enhance the guest experience. Our core solutions get rid of antiquated technology in hotels. With backing from some of the top investors in Silicon Valley, including Y Combinator, Canary Technologies is trusted by thousands worldwide and serves some of the world’s largest and most iconic hotel brands.
This opportunity will provide close interaction with senior leaders and founders. Our founders are alums of the Cornell Hotel School, Columbia University, and The University of Pennsylvania- Wharton. They have previously built software companies and have worked at firms such as Bain & Company and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
We are an organization that strongly believes in meritocracy and performance. There is significant opportunity for advancement and growth in this role, both of which are based on performance and talent.
We are looking for a dedicated and highly motivated Renewals Manager to engage our large customer base. In this role, you will work strategically with our Customer Success Managers to understand our customers’ business objectives and help our team hit our renewal targets. You should be able to thrive in a high volume environment where you will be renewing 2-300 self service customers per month. You will also work directly with our MM and Enterprise customers’ legal teams to secure renewals and push for multi-year contracts. You should enjoy connecting with c-suite execs and relish proactively building processes and structure within teams.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, thrive in the unknown, and be experimental in their approach to solving problems. You will also work cooperatively with other departments to improve the customer experience, retain existing customers, and gather critical feedback to improve our product offerings. Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, in addition to the ability to develop strong relationships, are critical to success in this role.
We are looking for someone who is excited to sink their teeth in first in order to understand what is unique about our customers and renewals process(es), then build upon that knowledge and experience to create our Renewals team.
About the Role
Our Renewals Management team is responsible for perpetuating the continued prosperity of our customers by ensuring that the usage and adoption of our products and services leads to realized and tangible value. Renewals Management partners with key stakeholders around the company to ensure that customers continue to grow, and that Canary is able to retain and grow its account revenue over time.
The Renewals Manager role reports to the VP of Customer Success.
As a Renewals Manager, you will...
- Own, drive, and lead the renewals process in collaboration with the Customer Success team, in order to preserve and enhance customer contracts and relationships.
- Actively engage with key decision-makers to identify customer requirements and uncover roadblocks to ensure on-time commitments.
- Maintain and report an accurate rolling 90-day forecast of renewals in your book of business.
- Negotiate and execute renewal contracts (in partnership with the VP of Success and Operations when required) that align with customer goals.
- In partnership with Customer Success, you will discover and identify referral/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal to maximize customer growth.
- Execute all upcoming renewals for the next 9-12 months prior to building out a function to support our renewals business.
- Build company playbooks to secure renewals in a repeatable and scalable manner
- Collaborate with other teams including Customer Success, Sales, and Operations to mitigate churn and identify expansion opportunities
- Meet with Enterprise clients (with our Account Manager) to establish strong relationships
- Work closely with Product to share customer feedback, deliver outstanding client experiences, and have a direct impact on building our customer-centric culture at Canary
What you will bring to this role...
- 8-12 years of Enterprise experience in SaaS renewals or account management, customer success, or sales with a focus on negotiating contracts in Enterprise and Fortune 500 accounts
- 5+ years managing teams of renewals managers and generating OKRs and performance targets
- Consistent track record of achieving personal and team goals
- Ability to communicate, present to, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of the Customers’ organization, including executive and C-level
- Strong numeracy skills
- Value-based selling skills
- Advanced problem-solving and verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Proven skill with juggling high volume renewals in a given quarter while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Extensive experience in recruiting, onboarding/training and managing renewals managers. We want to hear how your teammates developed and grew under your leadership!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Gratitude, a sense of purpose, and a kind and generous demeanor
Most importantly, we work hard to ensure Canary is a fun and exciting place to work. How do we do this?
First, we’ve added Canary Days to the calendar as company holidays to ensure that the team has 1 long weekend each month.
Second, we have a list clubs and perks listed below that create space for us to hang out!
Self Improvement Club: We meet each month and share our personal goals for the month. We are able to expense $75 towards any purchases that helped us achieve these goals.
Fireside Chat: We meet each month to discuss a wide range of issues. This group was started focused on women’s issues and has expanded in scope over the last several months.
Donuts! : Each week a Slackbot called ‘Donut’ pairs us up with a random teammate.
$50 to stay at any hotel that uses Canary Check-inBook a trip at one of the hotels that has Canary Checkin, stay there, leave a review on TripAdvisor/Google and get a $50 reimbursement!
$500 travel reimbursement: We get up to $500 if we want to make a trip to SF or NY for personal reasons. We will spend at least 3 days of that trip working at a wework with fellow Canaryites!