Sr. Diagnostic Specialist
Posted on 3/21/2023
Irvine, CA, USA
- 5+ years of experience in automotive industry or automotive repair, with an emphasis on mechanical, thermal, electrical, data processing and systems integration
- Familiarity with terminal interfaces, scripting languages and experience reading/writing computer code a plus
- Experience within customer support or customer relations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Disciplined work ethic
- Self-motivated, and encouraging of others
- Able to work efficiently in small groups, large groups as well as individually
- Ability to work effectively under pressure or within tight time limits
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, carrying, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs)
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Experience with logistics or parts ordering systems
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Competent computer and typing skills
- Appropriate interpersonal style and communication needed to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Ability to travel as needed
- Extremely detail oriented
- Perform diagnostics using a combination of technical understanding of Rivian products, experience with integrated automotive systems, use of specialized diagnostic tools, and an understanding of logged vehicle data to arrive at likely causes for reported concerns
- Ensure an industry leading customer repair experience through skilled diagnostics and excellent communication of the diagnostic/repair plan with all appropriate cross-functional teams while the vehicles are being repaired at 3rd party collision and service providers
- Evaluate and perform remote repairs to concerns that have been determined to be safe and effectively performed without local access to the vehicle
- Communicate cross-functionally with logistics personnel in support of service operational needs specific to repair planning
- Produce test and/or repair plans using data collected through diagnostic information systems, with an emphasis on interpreting connected vehicle data
- Identify training needs and process improvement on Rivian vehicle diagnostics for the 3rd party Certified Collision Network and 3rd party service providers
- Work closely with customer support teams to train and empower agents in conducting live diagnostics on common vehicle issues during collision and service repairs
- Create a culture of collaboration with individuals, cross functional teams and leadership by encouraging feedback and open communication
- Extensive automotive diagnostic knowledge with automotive communication protocols such as CAN, CANFD, DoCAN, DoIP, ETH, LIN, XCP, SENT, FlexRay is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team