Principal Software Engineer
Compute Interfaces, Twilio Engage
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United States
- 7+ years of experience writing production-grade code in a modern programming language
- Strong background in building APIs and highly available platform services
- Well-versed in concurrent programming
- Solid grasp of Linux systems and networking concepts
- Experience maintaining and operating always-on cloud services
- Experience taking challenging projects across the finish line, from gathering requirements to deploying and debugging systems in production
- Experience interfacing with stakeholders and translating customer requirements into software solutions; motivated and driven to deliver customer impact
- Comfortable asking questions and taking initiative to solve problems in a rapidly growing company, where it is often necessary to “draw the owl”
- Demonstrated commitment to seeking diverse viewpoints and acting with intention to create an inclusive team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Architect and design clean interfaces between platform services and applications
- Build APIs for profile segmentation and enrichment that serve both internal and external customers
- Design a human-readable query language, query parser, and AST to SQL translator
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, fellow developers, and internal stakeholders to turn business goals into achievable technical roadmaps
- Drive operational excellence, maintaining robust uptime and enabling continuous delivery
- Mentor engineers on the team, leading projects, sharing domain knowledge, and positively influencing their careers
- Based in Colorado: $176,080.00-$220,100.00
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $186,480.00-$233,100.00
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $207,120.00-$258,900.00
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave
- Experience with Golang
- Familiarity with BigQuery and SQL
- Experience managing AWS infrastructure
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
Company Core Values
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives