Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Brownsville, TX, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of professional propulsion, mechanical, automotive, electrical or avionics hardware installation experience
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy transport equipment
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion engines
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Proficient with computers and the ability to use MS Office
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs unassisted
- Willing to travel up to 25%
- Ability to climb ladders and work in confined spaces
- Willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Stage, set up, assemble, test and install flight hardware
- Use precision calibrated tools
- Hands on operations with both large and small fragile assemblies
- Heavy rigging for large assemblies
- Operate personnel platforms (boom lifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Use various mechanical tools without prior instruction
- Collaborate with production engineers to develop and document integration processes
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner
- Perform fluids and pneumatic testing
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.