Senior People Partner
Posted on 5/12/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Ensure a thoughtful employee experience through the creation, implementation and management of employee programs that supports a scaling startup
- Partner with all levels of management to provide expertise and creative solutions/strategies for a variety of people functions including organizational health, succession planning, employee relations, compensation, engagement, inclusion and diversity, learning, and performance coaching
- Develop programs to positively affect change management
- Improve manager capability through 1:1 coaching workshops
- Coach managers in appropriate people management best practices, i.e., performance management, discipline, reward and recognition, and retention strategies
- Provide high touch guidance to employees for performance and growth conversations
- Assess employee development needs and make recommendations for personal and Discord-wide solutions
- Partner with other People leaders to design programs that enhance all phases of the employment lifecycle
- Be a culture builder ensuring our people programs, solutions and programs are reflective of Discord's values
- Create people processes and ensure compliance with procedures, policies and best practices and regional law requirements
- Challenge and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of HR programs and solutions and recommend changes to meet business and employee needs
- You are curious and collaborative. You bring levity to decompress tense situations, are persistent in getting to the root of problems (and build solutions that solve them), and use great judgment - even in complex situations
- A balance of strategic thinking and transactional execution
- 5+ years' experience in a senior human resources generalist or Business Partner position
- You are great at coaching, conflict resolution, and relationship and team building skills
- You are good at solving problems and you use data to understand trends and develop recommendations for action
- Meaningful relationships are your thing. You excel at making a connection with those around you
- You are told that your proactiveness and flexible style are what makes you a great partner and collaborator
- Experience in an ambiguous and ever-evolving environment, with an emphasis on building and scaling
Gaming communication platform
Discord's mission is to build an easy-to-use communication service that gives people a place to talk, build relationships, and belong.
- Stay healthy - We take care of our team with comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
- Parental perks - Spend some quality time with the next generation with parental leave, fertility, adoption, and surrogacy benefits.
- Kick back - Stay refreshed with over 19 paid holidays, use-what-you-need sick days, and four weeks of PTO.
- Commute easy - In a non-COVID world, get up to $270 per month for your commuting and parking needs.
- The loadout - When we’re back in the office, enjoy daily catered lunches and snacks, a desk fund to make your space yours, and whatever you need for your computer setup, including a headphone allowance.
- Wellness on us - Take advantage of a quarterly wellness allowance for your gym membership or other wellness activities. Virtual yoga every week!
- Transgender benefits - Discord will reimburse up to $20,000 for any procedure related to transition.
- Discord HQ - Our office is located in Potrero Hill, a little neighborhood in San Francisco near awesome coffee and food.
- Relocation - Excellent relocation bonuses for new hires moving to San Francisco (once it’s safe to return).
Company Core Values
- Upside Down Leadership
- Small & Mighty Teams
- Unleash Talent
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint