Sr. DSP Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- 5+ years of experience DSP engineering and bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering; or 8+ years of DSP engineering experience in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of experience in system-level modeling and/or digital signal processing
- Ability and willingness to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Master's degree in electrical engineering with emphasis in communication systems and/or digital signal processing
- 3+ years professional experience working on RF sensors or related systems
- Experience modeling RF and channel impairments such as multipath, phase noise, group delay, fading and nonlinear distortion
- Knowledge of in MATLAB, C/C++, and/or Python
- Experience with software-defined radios and frameworks, such as GNU Radio
- Understanding of link budgets and analysis related to RF sensing systems
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Drive program-level decisions on sensor firmware and software designs
- Research novel solutions for large-scale RF sensing systems
- Design and test algorithms for on-orbit and ground-based sensor data processing
- Work in close collaboration with FPGA, RF/antenna, and software engineers to design and validate RF sensing systems
- Perform on-orbit demonstrations and testing
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.