Senior Operational Resilience Manager
Posted on 7/21/2022
Dallas, TX, USA • Remote in USA
- 12+ years of professional experience designing, building, and managing business and/or IT continuity/resilience management programs
- Deep knowledge of industry principles, technology solutions, and practices related to business continuity, IT continuity, recovery, crisis management, and incident response
- Experience with operational risk management, covering the full lifecycle of activities, including risk identification, assessment, mitigation, monitoring, and reporting
- Working knowledge of operational resilience frameworks, best practices and regulatory guidance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise and impactful way
- Strong attention to detail and achieving results, with an emphasis on how work is being accomplished
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data
- Interest and passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it
- Industry certification, such as Certified Business Continuity Professional is preferred
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite preferred
- Bachelors or Masters degree required
- Playing an integral role in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Circle's global resilience framework (i.e., governance, policies, standards and procedures) to ensure a holistic approach to prevent, protect, respond and adopt/learn from disruptive events
- Leveraging subject matter expertise and industry best practices to provide effective challenge/assess the effectiveness and accuracy of risk controls, key risk indicators, business impact analysis, continuity plans, playbooks and resiliency exercises and tests. Provide recommendations based on observed deficiencies
- Establish and maintain key performance and risk indicators, operational resilience risk appetite and tolerance for Enterprise Risk Management reporting. Maintain ongoing monitoring, escalation and mitigating actions of the relevant metrics
- Driving improvements or enhancements in alignment with internal strategies, industry best practices, standard security frameworks, and regulatory guidance
- Maintaining awareness of operational resilience events and performing detailed reviews of trends to identify significant risks, ensure monitoring and remediation
- Contributing to the implementation of tools and automation to support effective management and oversight of Global Resilience and mature processes to scale the program
- Maintaining presentation materials to provide program overview, updates and results to committees, key partners and third parties
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships based on trust and transparency with business stakeholders and other partners
- Providing on-going consulting and subject-matter expertise; developing and delivering training to build awareness of Global Resilience program, capabilities and requirements
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
- Operational resilience experience in any of banking, tech, or cryptocurrency required; Experience in a Fintech company is a bonus
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.