GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com
to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $35 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for a talented Senior Platform Engineer to support our engineering work, with a strong focus on DevOps principles and the underlying infrastructure that we need to get from source code to production, plus keep it happy once it’s there. We need someone who understands software development, but enjoys all the things necessary to improve deploying, monitoring, and operating production services.
We’re building out infrastructure and infrastructure tooling in AWS, working with technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform. We’d love it if you had experience in them, but we’re also interested in people excited to learn them if you’re an experienced engineer who has worked to solve comparable problems.
- Design, implement, and maintain highly available infrastructure on AWS and Kubernetes
- Develop effective tooling to accelerate build and release management
- Build and implement monitoring and logging services
- Work with application engineering to cultivate operational standards
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong experience with release pipelines, including blue/green deployments and multiple stages, in a > 100 node environment
- Used infrastructure automation tooling including Terraform, Cloudformation, or similar
- Software development experience in a language like Python or Go along with knowledge of shell scripting
- Build and release experience with tools such as Github Actions, CircleCI, Codefresh or similar
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools such as Datadog, or similar
- Experience with log aggregation tools such as Sumologic, or similar
- Hands on experience building automated Linux infrastructure on cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, AKS, or similar)Excellent analytical and debugging skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on office location:
San Francisco Office $128,000 - $205,000
New York Office $118,000 - $188,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses, annual equity grants for most positions, and generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
At GoodRx, we deeply value in-person connection and collaboration, which is key to our company culture. GoodRx is a hybrid work environment, and we ask employees to be in the office a minimum of twice a week to one of our hubs in Santa Monica, San Francisco, and New York City.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $35 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.