Programmatic Business Development Representative
Posted on 8/10/2022
Nashville, TN, USA • Austin, TX, USA
- Hunter Sales Skills | Draw in new projects or accounts by digitally networking via the phone, LinkedIn & email
- Consultative Discovery | Being innately curious, you will ask questions to understand a prospect's business & personal goals pertaining to the project
- How to Speak Splunk | Splunk can do so many things! In this entry level role, you will learn how Splunk works, what questions to ask to uncover needs of our clients & how to build value in our solutions by “speaking Splunk”
- This is an entry level position, so no previous sales or pipeline creation experience required. This role is perfect for those pivoting in their career or looking to build a strong sales foundation
- Passionate desire to move up in other sales functions at Splunk
- Enjoy connecting with new people & listening to their stories & projects
- Calculated adventurous person who is not afraid to experiment quickly
- Gets Results: Motivated by achievement; sets stretch targets and delivers outstanding results in dynamic conditions
- Innovative Game Changer: You never say "Don't change it if it's not broken." & instead are always looking at things from different angles with an eye for how to do it better, faster and more efficiently
- Owns Personal Growth and Learning: Understands the impact actions have on others and seeks out knowledge and opportunities for learning and self-improvement
- Located near one of our fun locations (see above list)- this role does not offer relocation assistance
- Implement outbound marketing programs based on activity, content or buying center
- Partner with other sales teams, marketing and enablement to coordinate campaigns and align on new objectives
- Combine data from Salesforce, Outreach.io and Tableau to; spot patterns early, adapt activity & optimize performance
- Previous sales experience, internships or education is a plus!
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
Company Core Values
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.