Associate Principal Scientist
Posted on 11/18/2022
Technology-enabled pharmaceutical company
Atomwise's mission is to make better medicines faster. They look to leverage the power of AI to revolutionize small molecule drug discovery. The Atomwise team invented the use of deep learning for structure-based drug design.
Palo Alto, CA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • San Jose, CA, USA • Oakland...
Biology & Biotech
- Ph.D. in cancer biology, pharmacology, cell biology, related scientific discipline plus 6+ years of relevant industry experience in oncology
- Extensive hands-on experience building quantitative in vitro assays (biochemical and cellular) and expertise with in vivo pharmacology models in an oncology drug discovery setting
- Demonstrated success in the management of CROs, including evaluation/selection, setting up processes, and quality control
- Experience collaborating with medicinal chemists and project teams to build effective critical paths to drive structure-activity relationships (SAR) and selection of high quality chemical series to support oncology programs
- Demonstrated track record of clear communication, working with a multidisciplinary team, mentoring, and developing talent
- Lead and collaborate with project teams to develop in vitro pharmacology strategies and support Atomwise preclinical oncology programs
- Direct the selection, validation, and analysis of quantitative biophysical, biochemical, and cellular assays to evaluate binding and function of Atomwise molecules across diverse target classes and relevant oncology signaling pathways leveraging CRO partners
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of new Atomwise oncology targets/indications and develop pharmacology criteria for continued advancement of lead molecules and development candidates
- Develop pharmacology criteria for the advancement of early discovery oncology programs from hit identification to lead optimization including key milestones/decision points and timelines, identifying risks and mitigation strategies, and study planning and execution
- Pay range for this role is between $164,400- $170,000