Posted on 2/1/2022
Pasadena, CA, USA
- 2-3+ years of experience depending on relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related major required
- CPA License or demonstrated progress towards obtaining license; Passed all four parts of the CPA exam is strongly preferred
- Strong technical aptitude of accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS
- Experience auditing exempt/not-for-profit organizations strongly preferred
- Exhibit leadership skills that demonstrate strong judgement, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in a professional setting
- Ability to learn in a fast paced environment and receptive to feedback and coaching
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, and take initiative on projects
- Effective time management and organizational skills, including the ability to supervise more than one engagement at a time
- Can work independently and manage multiple assignments in a dynamic environment
- High attention to detail
- A positive attitude and a team player mentality, willing and eager to assist others with a can-do spirit
- Is committed to delivering the highest level of client service and willing to go the extra mile to meet deadlines
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism and ethical conduct
- Supervise teams of staff accountants and review staff deliverables for accuracy while providing feedback and guidance
- Participate in planning and lead the day-to-day execution of the audit according to auditing standards
- Prepare high-quality work product for supervisor review
- Complete assigned projects within engagement timelines and budget guidelines
- Identify accounting issues and propose strategies to resolve them
- Think creatively to discover innovative solutions to engagement efficiency and effectiveness
- Communicate status of work and issues with managers or partners on a timely basis
- Build strong relationships with client personnel and serve as the client's primary contact where appropriate
- Effectively utilize firm audit software and research tools to continually learn, share knowledge, and enhance the quality of service to clients
- Delegate assignments effectively and provide on-the-job training to help staff develop analytical and client relationship-building skills
- Take initiative to assist staff and encourage teamwork and an open exchanges of ideas
- Identify areas of potential process improvement for clients and recommend best practices
- Participate in trainings, recruiting events, and firm activities
HCVT's mission is to enhance and improve the firm's retention and advancement of women by leading women of all career stages to connect, grow, and achieve professional and personal success.
- Health and Wellness
- Learning and Development
- Reward Employees
- Work and Life Integration
- Integrity at our Core - We hold ourselves to the highest standards to earn the trust of the public, our clients, and our team.
- Building Success Together - The foundation of our success is working as a team. By collaborating, we provide our clients with exceptional service aligned with their needs.
- Passion for Excellence - We deliver excellence. We embrace continuous learning and development of our skills so that together, we get smarter every year.
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion - We are committed to an inclusive work environment that embraces and respects individuals regardless of their race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, or disability.