Posted on 2/18/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Tools to simulate DNA assembly - computers can assist scientists by informing scientific decisions with complex calculations. Our bulk assembly tool allows scientists to simulate constructing hundreds of DNA constructs in parallel, visualizing the end result and highlighting potential issues
- Chemistry tools - we have focused primarily on biology and biotech for the last 5 years, but are just starting new initiatives to expand our tools to support chemists as well. This will involve modeling complex chemical reactions within Benchling, and is a opportunity to see a new product grow from the ground up
- Robot and machine integration - scientists are increasingly using automated hardware in the lab to perform measurements. By integrating Benchling with machines like liquid handlers, we are working towards a world where a scientist can perform a physical experiment entirely using software
- Have 3-5 years of experience in software engineering
- Build software with a product-first approach. You ship code quickly and care about the real world impact of your code
- Have strong abilities in problem solving and iterating on feedback
- Enjoy ownership and building key pieces of product
- Are interested in learning more about life science (prior knowledge is not required; desire to learn is a must)
- Own projects end-to-end, from initial design, to prototype, to large-scale rollout
- Design and implement backend models and API endpoints for complex scientific workflows
- Design and implement rich frontend components and architecture. We build and operate one of the largest, richest React applications out there and power complex scientific analyses
- Work closely with product managers, designers, marketing, and sales to ensure the right context is being shared
- Help rapidly scale our product and team. As a member of the engineering team, you'll be an integral part of how we mature our tooling, best practices, engineering processes, and hiring
Cloud platform for life science R&D
Benchling's mission is to accelerate life science for the benefit of humanity. The company is building a modern R&D software for biotechnology research.
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- Remote working stipend
- Yearly company-wide retreat
- Monthly gym and wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision
- Weekly company social events
- Flexible PTO and company-wide winter holiday shutdown
Company Core Values
- Build a Lever - We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations.
- Empower through Information - We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on Tenacity - Dreaming big isn’t enough. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination to our work.
- Raise the Bar - We’re dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.