Discover a career in the housing industry. CenWood Appliance is Nashville’s preferred and recommended gallery appliance center, where we make dream kitchens a reality. We’re family owned and operated and our company’s roots are deep in the construction and remodeling industries. That solid foundation, along with expert product knowledge makes CenWood the preferred resource for appliance needs in the Nashville and Memphis, Tennessee markets.
We have several openings for driven, hardworking people to work on our appliance warehouse and delivery teams. These teams perform the following duties:
Receives product from vendors, examine for product accuracy and quality Material storage in the warehouse Load product on company trucks for deliveries Deliver product to job sites, businesses and finished customer homes Maintain detailed paperwork Inventory cycle counts Work independently and in a team environment Comply with safety rules Maintain cleanliness and organization of the warehouse, vehicles and on job sites Other duties as assigned Prior warehouse / forklift experience helpful
We provide a comprehensive benefit package with health, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, long term disability, holidays, vacation, sick days and more. We have a quick 24-hour turnaround in our interview process. Contact us today!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00/hour depending on experience
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM with overtime as needed during peak business
Team members must be able to:
Lift 50+lbs and handle large cartons with ease. Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head throughout the work shift. Read, write, speak in English Have a valid driver’s license
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Unfortunately, we will be unable to offer visa sponsorships to candidates.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform all job operations in a safe manner in accordance with company safety policies.
- Unload vendor trucks. Use required chock blocks and safety measures when operating equipment.
- Retrieve hardware for the ease of loaders and drivers, using hardware pick tickets
- Inspect material for quality, quantity, size, style and color using packing slips and acquired knowledge of product line.
- Palletize & Stage Appliances
- Receive paperwork in system.
- Print tickets needed for special orders using mainframe computer and printer.
- Tag special order material using printed tickets.
- Retrieve inventory for the use of production and shipping using the necessary equipment.
- Maintain warehouse area for effective storage, i.e., sweeping, cleaning and organizing material using necessary supplies and equipment.
- Report all damaged material to the Inventory Manager so that it may be recorded, in order to maintain accurate inventory records. Mark damaged material with labels supplied.
- Employee will operate a forklift in a safe manner (if certified to use).
- Assist as needed with loading of trucks for customer delivery using delivery tickets and necessary equipment.
Required Education & Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
- Ability to use measuring devices such as a tape measure and transfer them to a production piece within 1/32"
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; deal with problems involving a few concrete variables and standardized situation.
- Must be able to work overtime when needed and some Saturdays to satisfy production schedule demands
- Must have prior experience in warehouse receiving or loading
- Knowledge of general safety guidelines in carpentry or construction field
- Some product knowledge
- Experience working in a team environment
Tool and Machine Experience
- Box knife
- Screw Gun
- Staple Gun
- Radial Arm Saw
- Must take and pass post-offer screening drug test, physical and consent to a background check
- Standing/Walking: 8 hours repetitive on feet on concrete floor
- Stooping/Reaching/Bending: continuous to gather items and fabricate
- Overhead Lift: up to 30 lbs. without assistance and up to 60 lbs. w/ assistance.
- Lift/Grasp: with dominant hands and fingers up to 60 lbs. without assistance and up to 120 lbs. with assistance holding woodworking or steel components in fabrication
- Carry/Grasp: with dominant hands and fingers up to 40 lbs. without assistance and up to 80 lbs. with assistance
- Push/Pull: with dominant hands rolling carts of interior door products up to 500 lbs. without assistance and up to 1000 lbs. with assistance
- Vision: must see near and far sighted
- Hearing: must hear machinery sounds
- Shop warehouse building
- Must be able to work in varied temperature hot or cold depending on the weather and how it effects the shop temperature
- Extended work day (overtime) as needed
Required Tools or Clothing
- Work Boots with unworn treads
- Tape Measure
- Lunch box or lunch tote to bring lunch
- No hooded sweatshirts with strings