Senior Product Manager
Posted on 1/20/2023
Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
- 4+ years of product management experience
- The ultimate measure of success for Senior Product Managers at Klaviyo is driving business outcomes. That's why we focus on tracking, analyzing, and improving metrics for each area of our product, with a particular focus on driving the results we target
- We cannot build products that exceed our customer's expectations without truly understanding those customers. That's why Senior Product Managers at Klaviyo spend a significant amount of time interacting with customers. At Klaviyo, knowledge about our customers is power
- Senior Product Managers at Klaviyo think deeply, quickly, and analytically. The rigor of thought is extreme here so we can ensure we're making the best decision possible at all times. You should love to tease out problems, break them down to small, digestible pieces, and put them back together elegantly
- Someone who joins Klaviyo must be exceptional at articulating their thinking through the written word. As a company, our success is gated on collectively being great and prolific communicators
- Senior Product Managers are expected to be leaders on the team, identifying ways to accelerate or level up the rest of the product team and finding ways to push them forward, as well as being a go-to resource for other product managers
- Collaborate and communicate - you will collaborate with all teams within the company and all parties outside of the company to be most effective in your role
- Manage a roadmap - you will prioritize all potential projects for our product area, and focus on those with the largest impact
- Write great specs - you will define every use case a customer would consider, document potential ways to solve, identify outstanding concerns, flag edge cases, and leave no stone unturned. They sweat the details and are passionate about making sure that every experience is understood, anticipated, and handled elegantly
- Ship features - you will get value into customer hands. For all of the work that goes into planning and coordination, we stay focused on delivering improved solutions and experiences every day
- Mentor - you will share the benefits of your experience and knowledge with product managers on the team, helping to mentor and coach them to better outcomes
- Learn - you will be a voracious learner. A lack of experience/knowledge around a challenge is an invitation to dive deep and become an expert in that area. You should love learning and tackling new challenges
- During the first two weeks, you will be immersed in an onboarding program that introduces you to the company and the product
- Spend time in Support, helping customers work through issues. There's no better way to get a holistic understanding of the product, and to get to know our customers
- Be introduced to everyone you will need to know in order to be successful in your role
- Take ownership of a key area of the product, and become the go-to expert for that area
- Have a quick impact by spec'ing and building your first product features
- Formulate the strategy and roadmap for your product area
- Start contributing to knowledge sharing with the larger product team. We value learning and growth very highly
- Start coaching and mentoring other Product Managers at Klaviyo, helping them benefit from your experience and knowledge
Growth marketing customer platform
Klaviyo's missions is to help companies retain customers and maximize their ROI. Klaviyo’s data–proven customer platform allows companies to send relevant, well–timed emails and SMS that increase lifetime values.
Company Core Values
- We always put our customers first.
- We are always learning.
- We strive to make the world more equitable.
- We collaborate radically.
- We are ambitious.
- We are remarkable.