Fabrication Shop Technician
Posted on 12/17/2021
Carson, CA, USA
- 3+ years' experience in prototype environment
- Skilled in reading and interpreting technical drawings and blueprints
- Ability to solve problems quickly in a dynamic work environment with aggressive timelines
- Experienced in operating manual mills, lathes, drill presses, grinders, and other support equipment
- Experience with arc welding and gas torch, preferred
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done
- Works effectively with teams to solve problems and find solutions
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Work with engineers to determine fabrication process for projects
- Design and fabricate using a variety of different materials and shop equipment
- Critical thinking skills to devise solutions to new problems
- Work with Shop Manager to determine build schedule
- Ability to follow detailed drawings and execute tasks at a high level of detail and quality
- Where necessary, determine and document solutions on-the-fly
- Provide general maintenance on shop equipment
- Clean and organize to maintain overall shop cleanliness and organization
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to help others
- Perform occasional moderate lifting
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety practices
- Safety is number one priority
- High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in engineering or relevant discipline is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team