Rebellion Defense builds the modern mission stack for detecting and deterring adversaries at scale. We deliver technology for the protection of the United States, the United Kingdom, and our allies. We are building a team of the world’s best technologists to work on products that defend democracy, humanitarian values, and the rule of global law with the purpose of peace.
Our people are passionate about creating a company where technologists empower the military and our civil servants to solve some of the hardest problems in government. Rebellion Defense is driven by our mission — but a set of core values binds us together: we hire by them, operate through them, and uphold them in every decision we make for ourselves and for our customers.
We are hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team. While this role can be located anywhere in the United States, you may choose to work from our Washington, DC headquarters. Relocation assistance may be provided. Occasional travel may be required.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with engineers, design, and product to ensure the success of Mission Simulation
- Write high-quality front-end components for 2D/3D geospatial visualization
- Build, maintain, and optimize client serving API layer
- Debug issues in a complex cloud deployment with tools such as AWS, Kubernetes, and Lens
- Be a technical leader, aiding in documentation, developing processes, and mentoring engineers with a diverse mindset
Qualifications for this position include:
- Experience building geospatial visualizations
- Experience moving across the stack to serve larger product initiatives
- Experience with testing, tech-debt, and finding balance between product velocity and engineering rigor
- Experience with many of the following: Vue.js, Babylon.js, Golang, gRPC, WASM, Open Layers
- Experience working with vast amounts of data, and optimizing client and server code
- Experience with modeling and simulation in the DoD space, and interest to advance these capabilities
- Ability to obtain and hold an active security clearance
Preferred Qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with WASM, Web Workers, and Web-GL
We embrace diversity and difference, and believe that broadening the perspectives of our teams will help enable innovation and lead to better outcomes. We encourage your application even if you may not meet all the preferred qualifications. We work collaboratively as a team to support one another in our mission and promote professional development.
The annual salary range for this role as it is posted is $115,000 to $245,000 regardless of final candidate location within the United States. The final job level and annual salary will be determined based on the education, qualification, knowledge, skills, ability, and experience of the final candidate(s), and calibrated against relevant market data and internal team equity. Benefits listed in this posting may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Rebellion Defense.
Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
The nature of our work:
Many of the national security programs that are supported by Rebellion’s products operate in secure environments. It is a requirement of this position that you are able to obtain and hold a personnel security clearance.
Rebellion’s products are subject to export controls, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). To work with our products, you must be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the US, a protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the US Department of State or US Department of Commerce.
Rebellion Defense is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. Rebellion Defense does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with federal, state, and local law.