Summer 2024 – Informatics and Predictive Science Bioinformatics Internship
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Develops therapies for serious diseases using translational medicine.
Bristol Myers Squibb stands out as a leader in the biopharma industry, with a diverse team of experts dedicated to transforming patients' lives through scientific advancements in areas like oncology, hematology, immunology, cardiovascular disease, and fibrosis. The company's commitment to health equity, demonstrated through the Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation, and its use of translational medicine and data analytics to personalize patient care, set it apart from competitors. The culture at BMS encourages growth and offers opportunities that are unique in scale and scope, making it an inspiring place to work.
Data & Analytics
Lawrence Township, New Jersey
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↓ -5%
2 year growth↓ -4%
Cambridge, MA, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • San Carlos, CA, USA • Princeton...
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program in Computer Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Life Sciences or a similar field
- Fluency with Linux, Docker , GitHub, and Cloud computing (preferably AWS)
- Experience with standard NGS sequencing technologies, tools and databases used for processing of NGS data (e.g., BWA, Samtools, GATK, NCBI, Bismark, etc)
- Good programming skills using scripting languages (e.g., Python, R/Bioconductor) and notebooks (e.g., R markdown, Jupyter notebook) would be a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work full-time for the program duration
- Participate in the design and implementation of methods for data mining and data analysis to facilitate the interpretation of methylation signatures across tissues and cfDNA
- Evaluate performance of difference approaches to detect methylation signatures and build classification models
- Provide written documentation and specifications for developed methods and workflows
- Expect to present to larger audiences and meetings at the completion of the internship
- Experience with DNA methylation, public resources of DNA methylation datasets and associated R packages is a plus
- Experience with machine learning packages (e.g., Random Forest, linear models etc) is a plus