Software Engineer II
Machine Learning, Predata
Updated on 1/26/2023
- 1+ years of ML research and engineering experience in a leading academic or industry context
- Experience in time series analysis (especially deseasonalization, prediction, and anomaly detection)
- A track record of shipping cutting-edge and impactful ML products
- A grasp of the mathematical foundations of machine learning theory and recent advances in the field
- Practical experience with modern ML frameworks: able to rapidly prototype ideas from the latest research
- Comfortable doing anything and everything in modern Python and processing data in Unix-like systems
- Passion for modeling international relations and macroeconomics
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Systematize the extraction of insights from our large (GB- and TB-scale) datasets, currently utilized by Fortune 500 companies, top-tier hedge funds, and government agencies
- Bridge our analysts' experience in foreign affairs and macroeconomics by semantically structuring data, via data fusion or unsupervised learning
- Explore new data and, working with our engineers, develop robust ETL pipelines and data microservices
- Model the online attention environment: detecting events, characterizing information flows, and building a complete picture of global attention
- Transform millions of semantically connected time series to maximize useful information
Policy and Market Intelligence
FiscalNote's mission is to empower people and organizations with the right information at the right time so that they can better navigate risk, opportunity and uncertainty. The company is building a data and insights platform.
- Health - The health of you and your family is important to us — so much so that we subsidize a large portion of healthcare premiums for not only you, but also your dependents. Our FSA allows you to shuttle tax-free dollars for out-of-pocket health care costs. An onsite gym greases the wheels for your workout needs.
- Paid Time Off - We recognize refreshed employees are productive employees. We do not put a number on the amount of days an employee can take off which allows them to take time away from work to recharge as they need it.
- Commuting - Travel to work can be expensive, so on top of contributing toward your commuting expenses – including garage parking and public transit – we offer a corporate bikeshare membership at a steep discount. We also allow employees with pricier commutes to dedicate pretax dollars toward their travel.
- Retirement - Your long term well-being is directly tied to your ability to save for the future. By offering a match on contributions you make to a company-sponsored 401(k), we make it hard not to think about the later years.
- Parental Leave - Building your family is just as important as building our business. We’re happy to empower our employees to spend time with their new little ones by providing 18 weeks of paid maternity and paternity leave after a year of service to the company.
Company Core Values
- Know your audience
- Find the truth
- Drive alignment
- Own the job
- Bias for action
- Level up
- Support the family