Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
Updated on 5/26/2023
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- MS with 8+ years relevant experience or PhD with 5+ years relevant experience in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related field
- Advanced problem-solving capabilities with extensive experience in developing algorithms, applying statistical learning methods, and analyzing sequencing data
- Knowledge and experience handling and analyzing biological data (e.g. epigenomics, genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics)
- Expert in R or Python programming, and at least one system-level programming language like Go, Java, or C++
- Working knowledge of standard bioinformatic tools used in NGS pipelines
- Experience with a pipeline workflow engine, like Reflow or NextFlow
- Familiarity with modern software engineering best practices
- Strong communicator with the ability to present complex technical concepts to cross-functional colleagues and capture solutions in technical documentation
- Design, implement, and validate innovative algorithms and statistical methods to analyze large-scale data sets based on insights in cancer biology and genomics
- Collaborate with bioinformaticians and scientists in the team to perform end-to-end analysis of experiments that includes design, data gathering, processing, analysis, and presentation of results
- Develop common tools, libraries, and infrastructure to assist in scaling bioinformatics research efforts
- Productionize methods for execution as part of regulated diagnostic products
- Enforce sound engineering principles and reproducible research practices in all development activities
- Experience developing software for regulated products
- Background in cancer biology or immunology
Designs cancer screening tests
GRAIL's mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. They are working to change the trajectory of cancer mortality and bring stakeholders together to adopt innovative, safe, and effective technologies that can transform cancer care.
- Outstanding People - Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
- Strong Compensation - We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide for long-term financial planning.
- Complete Health Coverage - Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
- Work-Life Balance - Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
Company Core Values
- Grit - We are determined and resilient because patients are counting on us.
- Respect - We value diversity and challenge each other respectfully.
- Accountability - We own our decisions and keep our commitments.
- Integrity - We adhere to our principles of humility, transparency, and rigor.
- Leadership - We make each other better by making leadership everyone’s responsibility