Who We Are
Nuro exists to better everyday life through robotics. The company’s custom electric autonomous vehicles are designed to bring the things you need—from produce to prescriptions—right to your home. Nuro’s autonomous, goods-focused solution can give you valuable time back and more freedom to do what you love. This convenient, eco-friendly alternative to driving has the potential to make streets safer and cities more livable.
About the Role
As a Senior Systems Engineer you will work closely with the autonomy software teams to define and verify autonomy performance. You’ll be responsible for authoring requirements and designing automated tests for a wide range of maneuvers and functions. Your test results will drive day-to-day software development, engineering roadmap, and gate software release. We set the bar high, your verification work will let us prove that.
About the Work
- Develop, document, and communicate requirements for various autonomy functions.
- Work closely with the rest of the systems team to develop test methodologies, test plans, and measure coverage.
- Write Python software to verify autonomy in simulation, closed course, and on-road.
- Work closely with autonomy software developers to communicate test results, analyze failure modes and improve processes.
- Influence autonomy architecture to ensure robustness and testability.
- Degree candidate in Robotics, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Physics, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience developing requirements and/or tests for complex systems.
- Experience working at a company with strong software engineering practices.
- Strong Python programming and algorithmic problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with analyzing and visualizing large datasets.
- Highly collaborative in nature and comfortable working with a large number of stakeholders.
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
At Nuro, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $152,000 and $228,000 for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date. Nuro will consider and review accommodation requests based on medical, religious, or other grounds as required by applicable law for qualified candidates.