Senior Staff Software Engineer
Posted on 8/16/2022
Remote • New York, NY, USA
- Strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, in a continuous delivery environment
- Deep levels of customer empathy and driving outcomes to solve internal and external user pain points
- Demonstrated ability to partner closely with the engineering team and implement appropriate tools and practices that balance quality with productivity
- Experience managing engineering departments or engineering functions, overseeing large and complex technology and processes
- Strong executive presentation and communication skills
- Highly outcome oriented and data drive with deep experience in Experimentation, A/B Testing, Optimization
- Ability to deliver service and data integrations between different teams and 3rd parties
- Experience with both modern frontend and backend technologies (distributed systems and modern web and native apps)
- Excellent influencing and problem resolution skills
- Positive and flexible attitude to work in a fast-paced environment and a willingness to embrace new initiatives
- Strong report writing skills with the ability to gather, evaluate and analyze relevant information while structuring material in a logical and coherent manner
- Developing a strong understanding of Fanatics Betting and Gaming
- Building out a best in class Engineering team, ensuring that this does not dilute ownership of quality within Engineering
- Communicate, develop, and implement a data-driven engineering strategy, approach, and roadmap for Engineering needs
- Will oversee and drive complex architectures across multiple teams, companies and vendors
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, inside and outside of Engineering, and collaborate with leaders to gather and present testing metrics and activities
- Providing leadership and technical expertise within the engineering team. Be a mentor and role model for Engineering
- Help development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines, and best practices of the engineering strategy
- Gather and present testing metrics and activities to key stakeholders
- Remain current on technology and trends in engineering
- Must be open to occasional travel to events and Bet Fanatics offices for various offsite and team meetings
Retailer of officially licensed sports merchandise
Fanatics mission is to facilitate sports community through apparel. The company is one of the largest retailers of officially licensed sports merchandise.
- Work Life Balance - At Fanatics we place our focus on results and empowerment and encourage you to enjoy your time on and OFF the field with our competitive time off policies.
- Recognition and Rewards Program - Fanatics values our internal fans too! Our programs are designed to thank and reward Fanatics athletes for their hard work and commitment to winning as a team.
- Company Sponsored Events - From breakfast to happy hour and every hour in between – Fanatics employees can enjoy time together at one of our many company events.
- Fanatics.com Employee Discount - As an employee you will receive a special discount on all of your favorite sports merchandise and memorabilia.
- Give Back - Fanatics cares about the fans around us. We encourage you to partner up with your teammates in giving back and serving the communities where we work and play.
- Meet & Greets - You never know who will show up to the office. You might just meet one of your all-time favorite athletes.
- Invest in You - Here at Fanatics we want you to accomplish your goals. We offer tuition reimbursement.
- Healthy Lifestyle - Fanatics cares about helping and supporting our teams in their busy lifestyles. Through wellness relationships with fitness and weight management partners we are here to support you in whatever your lifestyle goals.
- Wellness Coverage - Your health is important to you – and it’s important to us too! We offer a number of benefit plan options for convenience and flexibility.
- Financial Security - Through our plans, Fanatics offers you a way to budget for health care expenses that you’d typically pay for out of pocket.
- Retirement - The sooner you begin planning for your retirement, the better. Fanatics offers generous plans to help you prepare for the future.
- Network of Support - Fanatics understands that sometimes you may need someone in your corner. Through the Life Assistance Program, you and your family have access to support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Fanatics Family First - Afterall we are #OneFanatics. Put your family first with our paid maternity and paternity leave program, or take advantage of our infertility treatment reimbursement program to get the support you need while you try to grow your family.
- IDEA - We invite you to join one of our Employee Resource groups, or celebrate and honor what’s most important to you through our IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equality & Advocacy) floating holiday. We recognize diversity helps foster innovation, and people perform better when they can be themselves. Gender Affirmation Treatment reimbursement is available to employees.
- By Fans, For Fans - By Fans = Bringing passion and pride to the work we do; For Fans = Exceeding fan expectations
- One Fanatics... Win As A Team - Our combined efforts; growing and succeeding together; WE before ME
- Missionary, Not Mercenary - At Fanatics, working here is more than a paycheck, it’s doing what you love everyday
- Innovative Products and Fan Experiences - Offering fans unique products and ultimate experiences – there is no one else doing what we do, better than we do it
- Execution and Agility... Over Talk - Quickly adapting and delivering our best in a fast-paced, high growth environment while maintaining humility