User Research Intern
Summer 2023, US Remote
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
California, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA • Raleigh, NC...
- Have an understanding of planning and executing different types of research and usability testing activities
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative with an ability to self-direct
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- You enjoy working well with others in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy working within an agile environment
- You bring enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Product Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Usability Engineering or a related technical field, and strong record of academic achievement
- Graduating in December 2023 or later
- Handle the design, administration, and execution of research studies with some guidance
- Partner with UX team members, including managers on research execution and/or design workshops
- Partner effectively with product management, engineering, and product marketing
- Conduct primary research such as: moderating 1:1 interviews with users, facilitating usability evaluations, designing and running surveys, synthesizing existing research, etc
- Create deliverables in the form of engaging reports or other materials as needed by the project team
- Share research insights with cross-functional partners to create a smarter, more informed, and more empathetic team
- Unafraid of creating new systems and processes as needed
- This is a very hands-on role, and includes managing participant recruitment, data collection (includes moderating sessions), data synthesis and analysis, and delivery of findings and recommendations
- Organize and lead research analysis efforts with cross-functional partners with some guidance
- Not afraid of ambiguity and willing to learn new skills is a plus
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
Company Core Values
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.