Interior Sr. Resident Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Normal, IL, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- +4 years of experience in an engineering role related to Body manufacturing equipment and process
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- CAD design experience for your Body commodity including an excellent understanding of those systems & components which surround & interface to your commodity - Catia V6 experience is preferred
- Experience delivering multiple vehicle programs to production, with specific experience in Body commodities
- Desire to work in a cross functional team to understand and resolve complex production concerns
- Able to drive and solve complex problems, using advanced problem-solving techniques to determine containment, root cause analysis, countermeasure, and lessons learned
- A strong understanding of the first-principles physics of your system - the loads, forces, overall function of the system and key attributes
- CATIA V6, PC literate and proficient with the use of MS Office products
- Support launch activities and production ramp across Body(Interior/Exterior/Closure/Structure) systems
- Communicate effectively across various internal groups
- Be the first point of contact for all issues found on the builds and resolve, calling in support from the DREs and Managers when required
- Responsible for delivery of Body engineering requirements from the prototype phase through to stable production
- Represent Body Engineering with the plant team during launch, maintaining strong inter-departmental relationships amongst the other teams
- Apply broad engineering knowledge and expertise to resolve problems during Prototype and Production builds
- Ensure lessons from robust root cause actions are being driven back to core and advanced engineering teams
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in all areas of engineering management with a clear focus on quality, cost, and delivery
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team