(This role is fully remote for candidates located in British Columbia.)
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As our Data Infrastructure Developer, you’ll contribute to building and scaling our data and ML infrastructure.
Rec Room wants to maximize the value of our large volume of data, and you’ll be coming in at a critical point in our journey to enable us to do so. You’ll have the opportunity to set the foundation for how we think about and build on top of data going forward. You’ll help design a robust system using the latest technologies to help create a modern data stack, empowering Analytics Engineers, Data Scientists, and ML engineers to do what they do best.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design, build, implement and maintain our data infrastructure to power analytics and ML
- Partner with engineers, producers and designers to deliver data insights that impact our players
- Contribute to our investments into various open-source and 3rd party tools to build a system that scales with the company
- Collaborate with our Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers to make pipeline implementation faster, more straightforward, and more trustworthy
- Tune and optimize Spark to make our Databricks Lakehouse more efficient and enable data driven decisions that will shape our business
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- 3+ years building large scale data infrastructure on Spark/Databricks or similar
- 1+ years experience working with real-time data ingestion/processing
- Experience with a high-level programming language (i.e., C#, Java, Python)
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies (i.e., NoSQL, blob storage, etc.)
- Experience designing, building and optimizing Big Data platforms that are robust, scalable and reliable
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience building modern data pipelines
- Deep knowledge of the Azure data stack
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Rec Room strives to be an inclusive place for people from all walks of life. We support employees with competitive benefits, leave options, and unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected]. Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.