Software Engineering Manager
Posted on 2/1/2022
New York, NY, USA
- 3+ years of engineering management experience and must have previous experience as a software engineer
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Passion for and experience in recruiting talent and managing high performing and motivated engineers
- Demonstrated delivery of projects scoped at 3-6 month and ability to articulate technical aspects, trade offs, success metrics and operational impact
- Experience owning a production product and a love for collaboration across functions to achieve business impact
- A desire to grow you management skills in a startup environment where achieving impact through flexibility, grit, and resolve
- Managing a current team of 4-8 full stack product engineers
- Supporting your reports career growth along mastery of craft, leadership and impact
- Setting technical direction for our product through thoughtful planning with your team, cross functional and other engineering leaders
- Cross-Functional partnership with multiple other teams outside of Tech to drive product and business opportunities through technical execution
Vise’s mission is to create financial freedom for everyone. They are empowering a new generation of advisors with the technology and tools they need to spend less time on basic tasks and spend more time growing their practices and helping even more people achieve their goals.
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible PTO
- Parental Leave
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Learning & Development
- Be worthy of trust. Trust is fragile.
- Own the outcome. Just because it’s not your fault, doesn’t mean it's not your problem.
- Value growth. It’s all about the slope. Commit to learning and improving.
- Solve for the customer. Put the customer first, everything else second. Focus relentlessly on impact.
- Dare to dream. Question the status quo, there is a whole world to win.
- One Vise. Go far together.