Staff Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United States
- 7+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code in a production environment
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, sales and marketing
- Experience with programming languages such as Nim, Rust, Go, Python, C++, Java
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
- Experience working with infrastructure technologies Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Impact the development of the team and organization's long term strategy
- Refine and maintain our data visualizations to support real-time analysis of hundreds of millions of users
- Be a key contributor in the scaling and integration of in-house technology company-wide
- Use the unique programming language, Nim, for frontend and backend work
- Experiment with mass amounts of data and share strategic data-driven insights
- Experience with SQL and query parsing, generating and planning. points for database maintenance
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.