Technical Director/Studio Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
- 3-5 years experience as Technical Director or similar role
- Working knowledge of vMix
- Demonstrated history of leading successful studio production teams
- Experience with video routers
- A deep knowledge of NDI, SDI, and Dante is preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot audio/video signals in traditional SDI and NDI routing environments
- Understanding of studio and set technologies including cameras, ip video, and lighting equipment
- Ability to remove, lift and replace equipment in racks as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to frame issues clearly
- Strong desire to learn, cross-train, and a passion to maintain current knowledge of relevant and emerging technologies
- Associates or Technical degree is preferred, however various combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment
- Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other
- Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences
- Provide leadership and management for control room activities and staff
- Develop best practices for studio operations in conjunction with VP, Tech & Operations
- Direct and switch live broadcasts and live-to-tape shows
- Operate recording or broadcast studio controls and production techniques
- Work with various production and post production teams to deliver final products
- Ability to set up and configure PTZ Cameras
- Working knowledge of infrastructure systems including routers, RTS intercom, monitoring, KVM, audio suites, and other live production-related gear
- Testing equipment as needed to ensure proper operation
- Take ownership of equipment and studio space in conjunction with Production Manager
- Assist with studio & equipment maintenance
- Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues
- Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences
- Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges
- Challenger Mentality: We don't allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience
- Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why" in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency
Business email newsletter
Morning Brew is a media company committed to helping the business leaders of tomorrow become smarter in minutes. They started with a single daily email newsletter and now produce a portfolio of podcasts, videos, events, and newsletters (naturally!) that we pinky-promise will inform and entertain.
- Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
- Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
- 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
- Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
- Work from home stipends: Upgrade your home office on us.
- Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
Company Core Values
- Curious - We strive to learn every day through constant questioning and exploration.
- Purposeful – We do everything with the highest level of thoughtfulness, preparation and focus.
- Empathetic - We are good, genuine people who embrace others' perspectives.
- Challengers - We approach every day with an underdog mentality and are never complacent.