Posted on 11/2/2022
Odenton, MD, USA
- Must hold an active Secret security clearance. (US Citizenship required)
- A Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of network engineering experience. A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Must have a DoD IAT level II baseline certification, prior to start
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools
- Provide input to the design of the organization's network and mission architecture
- Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN's, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Media over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate
- Proficiency with Juniper IOS or other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices. Expertise in IP technologies, i.e. Networking architectures and methodologies and Voice Services
- Expert Knowledge of IP principles
- Proficiency in at least two or more of the following devices: SONUS SBC, Juniper MX5 routers, Juniper SRX firewalls, Juniper EX switches, SONUS SBCs, KG175
- Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: SolarWinds or Junos Space
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.