Varsity Tutors is looking for Educational Sales Coordinators to join our team! Varsity Tutors is revolutionizing how people learn with new innovative technology and offers a full suite of learning products that are tailored to the needs of every learner. Educational Sales Coordinators will have phone conversations with prospective students and families who have expressed interest in Varsity Tutors. Using a consultative approach, Educational Sales Coordinators will do a deep dive to understand the student’s needs, make product/service recommendations that will help them achieve their learning goals, and facilitate agreed on solutions by asking for sale and payment. This is a remote seasonal position with the potential for full-time regular employment based on overall performance related to meeting expected sales metrics and job satisfaction. Come join our fast-growing team and help people get the educational help they need!
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/. The company publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange on September 21, 2021.
Pay: $18/hr to start with the opportunity to be promoted to a full-time position based on performance, which offers:
- $40,000 base salary
- $12,000 variable compensation target (plus unlimited bonus potential)
- Equity (Restricted Stock Units) in the company.
- Full-time positions also include a comprehensive benefits package (health insurance, 401k matching plan, PTO, and free access to tutoring and our online educational resources).
Location: Fully Remote (Work from anywhere in the U.S.)
Upcoming Start Dates/Trainings: Paid virtual training will take place over the course of five weeks, Monday - Friday, 9am-6pmCST.
- Education, teaching, or tutoring experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- High empathy and emotional intelligence, with the ability to understand families’ educational needs and make product/service recommendations
- Comfortable asking for sale and payment for mutually agreed on solution
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt quickly in a high phone volume environment
- Strong desire to help customers achieve learning outcomes and passionate belief in the value of high-quality online learning
- Confidence in communicating via phone with potential clients
- Ability to work independently, troubleshoot technical issues, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- 35-40 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends
- Outbound call-backs to potential customers who have requested tutoring, course or homeschool support
- Facilitate a consultative conversation to understand potential customer needs and recommend a customized solution
- Influence prospective student / family to complete purchase for services and/or schedule a follow-up conversation
- Achieve monthly performance targets (sales targets) by utilizing educational experience and top-notch VT-provided training
- Attend paid live training facilitated remotely via Zoom and pre-recorded modules
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends after the completion of our 5-week training ramp.
- Opportunity for promotion to a full-time, permanent role depending on overall performance depending on overall performance
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- Company-issued laptop, headphones, and latest software
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- To support both the consultative and sales requirements of the position, we offer a training program with ongoing career development and opportunities for growth.
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for families
- Become an expert in educational products and programs, including 1-on-1 tutoring, online classes, adaptive assessments, and homeschooling
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)