About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Lilac is seeking a chemical engineer to lead scale-up of chemical process equipment for Lilac’s bead manufacturing and lithium processing facilities. Responsibilities will include working with mechanical and materials engineers on conceptual design, detailed engineering, procurement, permitting, installation, commissioning, and operations for process equipment and systems at pilot and commercial scale.
This can be located in Fernley, NV or Oakland, CA.
- Degree in chemical engineering or related field with 6+ years of experience in chemical or materials manufacturing
- Experience with process design, developing chemical equipment specifications, piping design and sizing, equipment commissioning and plant integration.
- Advanced experience with chemical process modeling and balance of plant
- Passion for rapid prototyping and innovation
- Highly organized with sharp attention to numerical detail
- Excited to work on a small fast-paced startup team with a drive to succeed and grow with the company
- Could travel up to 10-20%
- Salary range: $90K-$170K annually (commensurate with experience)
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Flexible time off policy
- Eight weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Daily catered lunch and On-site gym for Oakland Employees
- Monthly Phone Stipend
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.