Updated on 3/23/2023
San Jose, CA, USA
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related Physical Science with 12+ years of experience or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related Physical Science with 10+ years of Industry Experience or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related Physical Science with 7+ years of Industry Experience Preferred. Master in Business Discipline with Engineering-related degree a PLUS!
- Semiconductor industry experience, with exposure to semiconductor foundry, design services, ASIC and EDA or IP business
- Equity research analyst background a PLUS!
- Knowledge of processors and ASICs used in hyperscale data centers
- Knowledge of the semiconductors in the switching and routing industry
- Strong program management and detailed oriented
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and presentation skills
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding
- You're collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change
- Demand modelling- create foundry (wafer and revenue) demand estimates for the U.S. semiconductor market by partnering with account managers for the largest accounts
- Market sensing- summarize & analyze earnings calls from key competitors and industry players to identify implications and track key market indicators e.g. inventory at key customers, segment growth, etc. to identify threats and opportunities. Propose actions to management team
- Strategic analysis- work with account managers on strategic projects including validating customer demand, quantifying new opportunities or TAM within customers or segments, etc. Support creation of CEO and board-level analysis for strategy meetings
- Analysis of macro and microeconomic trends and its impact on the foundry business
- Present analysis to key executives based on data and sensing results
- Create process and systems to execute the above tasks in an efficient and systematic manner
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
Company Core Values
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.