Financial Operations Associate
Posted on 8/30/2022
Irvine, CA, USA • Remote
- Bachelor's Degree
- Interest in getting licensed with FINRA (Series 24 and/or Series 27)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Three or more years of experience in the financial industry, including awareness of securities products and general securities operations
- Seriousness and awareness of the high-level of responsibility due to our clients and our mandate to protect their assets
- Non-compromising attitude regarding following all pertinent regulatory laws
- Interested in the detail and a critical thinker capable of researching issues and following through to resolution
- Thirst for learning and to be mentored by our highly-talented FinOp staff
- Good planning and organization skills - uncompromising about meeting deadlines
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery, especially as it relates to regulatory compliance
- Must be a team player and enjoys collaborating with different teams across the organization, including Engineering, Product, and Operations
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change and helping build a unique financial firm
- Introduce yourself to the organization
- Be familiar with the daily and monthly financial operations and regulatory requirements of Acorns Adviser and Acorns Securities
- Support the daily cash & share movement operations
- Reconcile daily cash & custodian accounts
- Support the daily share reconciliation & facilitate preparation of the daily net capital computation
- Support the accurate preparation of the weekly 15c3-3 Reserve computations
- Assist in the preparation of workpapers for regulatory audits
- Collaborate closely with the Investment Operations team to identify & resolve discrepancies and improve existing processes
- Develop & maintain internal metrics to track regulatory compliance and team performance
- Become an expert on daily and monthly financial operations and regulatory requirements
- Be an individual contributor of ideas to enhance and automate current financial operations processes
- Work with the FinOp and the Sr Financial Operations Manager to plan the integration of new product initiatives within the operational and regulatory frameworks applicable to Securities and Advisers
- Become an expert on how our proprietary systems integrate with our financial processes so that you can be the point person for resolution of issues
- Prepare journal entries for Acorns Securities & Acorns Advisers
- Enhance the Department's process catalog and help build a comprehensive procedure repository
- Assist in completing special projects as needed such as process improvements and new product launches
- Ensure worm-compliance related to FinOp books and records
- Participate in the monthly customer statement review process
Saving and investing app
Acorn's mission is to look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming, beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Competitive Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Learning & Development
- Flexible Work Hours
- Quarterly Team Outings
- Personal Development Plans
- Annual Compensation Reviews
- Lead with heart - With compassion, integrity and tenacity, inspire yourself and others to move past all previous thresholds of possibility.
- Make bold decisions - We are creating a new world. Be optimistic, adventurous, and courageous. Leap fearlessly into the future.
- Always build trust - Say what you mean, mean what you say, and do what you say you're going to do. We are all owners. We are one team.
- Never stop growing - Change IS the constant. Stay hungry and curious. Be relentless in the pursuit of progress.
- Find a way - Never settle, no excuses, nothing is impossible. Just make it happen!