Managing Video Producer
Posted on 11/1/2022
Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 5+ years experience as a Lead Editor, Lead Producer, or Managing Video Producer in the Digital Media landscape
- 5+ years of proven experience creating and publishing compelling content
- In-depth knowledge of video production, post-production, color grading, and motion graphics creation
- Understanding of cultural significance, the importance of diversity and inclusion in both content and in person
- A deep understanding of how to create and monetize shareable content for a variety of media platforms
- A deep understanding of platform best practices
- Eagerness to both learn and be challenged daily
- The ability to recognize one's mistakes but demonstrate resilience by learning from short-comings
- Experience giving creative notes and workshopping creative ideas to identify workflow efficiencies
- Leadership-level experience and comfort with being a regular contributor to virtual team meetings and team on-site
- Superior detail-orientated multitasking skills
- Familiarity with off-platform audience growth and development
- The ability to routinely brainstorm potential new revenue streams
- Excellent copy editing skills
- An open mind, curiosity, and a passion for short-form storytelling
- Serve as a leader who hones the ever-changing creative and technical challenge of maintaining and scaling an existing team of Junior Editors, identifying and facilitating the execution of improvements to help meet and ideally exceed expectations
- Determine and communicate creative decisions to the team
- Inspire a team of Junior Editors to create work that best represents the array of BuzzFeed brands cross-platform
- Plan and lead technical workshops, listening and feedback sessions, and creative brainstorming meetings
- Strategize across multiple audiences, start new initiatives that generate revenue, and can pinpoint opportunities for audience growth
- Be able to shift operations at a moment's notice with minimal impact on core business functions
- Give weekly data-driven feedback on dozens of videos
- Able to come up with well-thought-out formats worthy of experimentation
- Analyze the results of your team's work to apply learnings to future projects
- Able to convey complex technical ideas understandably when working with cross-department stakeholders
- Able to know the ins and outs of BuzzFeed inc. resources to leverage whenever possible for new projects
- Understand and be able to communicate team priorities and how the Adaptations team can support additional initiatives
- Successfully resolve conflict through effective and empathetic communication
- Be able to establish, maintain and foster a fun and collaborative work environment both remotely and in person
Cross-platform digital media company
Buzzfeed is committed to making the internet better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the Internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring their audience to live better lives.
- Wellness - Comprehensive benefits for medical, dental, and vision insurance with a focus on Wellness. Plus discounts on Gyms, Care.com, and access to resources like Maven, Tend Dental, and One Medical.
- Planning for the future - Take advantage of the 401(k) plan with a company match, short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
- Work-life balance - We offer our employees paid time off (including your birthday!), paid holidays and generous leave options for life events such as becoming a parent or getting married.
- Career development - Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more.