What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cas12a gene editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases. We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before. Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
- Develop and execute the company’s investor relations strategy.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Wall Street, including institutional investors, individual investors, sell-side analysts, and exchange representatives.
- Collaborate with finance, FP&A, and legal teams on a variety of objectives, including earnings prep, financial communications, and governance matters.
- Manage and monitor investment research on the company and industry peers.
- Maintain and communicate competitive intelligence and analysis on all industry peers to senior management.
- Maintain comprehensive, current knowledge of Editas Medicine’s research and development approaches and business strategies to better inform IR strategy and message development.
- Collaborate with and manage agency partners to implement IR strategies.
- Develop written materials including press releases, conference call scripts, slide presentations, and Q&A documents; to prepare for quarterly calls, conference presentations, and other investor events.
- Plan, manage, and oversee external events including conferences, analyst days, and non-deal roadshows.
- Collaborate with leadership team and key stakeholders to define strategic communications delivered to investors and analysts.
- Maintain comprehensive, current knowledge of Editas’ research and development approaches and business strategies to better inform IR strategy.
- Develop and manage relationships and maintain regular communication with investors and analysts, to provide up-to-date information.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders, align and collaborate across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or related graduate degree preferred.
- Deep understanding of capital markets and financing strategies
- Investment experience (sellside or buyside) or strategy/management consulting background highly desirable.
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to translate complex financial and investment information and to translate complex science into mainstream language and understanding.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint for investor presentations and Excel for financial modeling.
- 10+ years of experience, with at least 3-5 years of investor relations at a life sciences company or in the investment community
- Well versed in filings and compliance with the SEC
- A persuasive and energetic communicator who is engaging and effective in oral and written communications.
- An outstanding presence with the ability to gain credibility, rapport, and support with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly learn complex and dynamic issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work with executives across diverse functional groups and translate complex concepts into clear, concise, and compelling messages.
- Flexible and adaptable; comfortable with change and ability to adapt to dynamic and evolving priorities and respond to variable timelines with accuracy and urgency.
Editas provides a comprehensive array of benefits to all employees, including a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Medical Plan, a company-funded Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, Dependent Care Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Programs, and a flexible Paid Time Off policy.