Sr. Quality Engineer
Updated on 3/23/2023
Normal, IL, USA
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- High proficiency in analytical tools and equipment typically used for complete vehicle validation in the automotive development and production areas
- Strong understanding of test and analysis methods in support of Customer Quality Metrics
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Power BI or Tableau, a plus
- Experienced in working with SharePoint
- 3+ years of Manufacturing/assembly process experience
- 3+ NVH, Climate Functions, and Comfort Evaluations experience preferred
- Results driven with a Quality Mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good electronic communication software skills (MS Office, Minitab, email, etc.)
- Desire to work in a solid cross-functional and collaborative environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities this job requires include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- In the performance of the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel (frequency), drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and e-mail
- Engineering, Quality, or other Technical Bachelor's-Degree, or equivalent combination of education and 5+ years' experience in automotive testing or manufacturing environment
- Lead the analysis process utilizing proven quality tools to help develop immediate countermeasures (containments) and permanent (long-term) solutions in response to internal and external customer quality concerns
- Drive development of methods to analyze product and process quality
- Improve product quality/validation effectiveness by defining/implementing recommendations for improvements of the current state, establishing best-practice methods for total vehicle testing, and aligning across the organization with other testing and development departments
- Drive improvements to meet long-term Customer Quality Expectations
- Analyze data (test results, internal quality, and field warranty data) to define trends, capability, and functional improvements
- Work with relevant teams and departments to understand the needs regarding analysis and measurement systems
- Conduct analyses of issues and validations of solutions
- Lead brainstorming and ideation to develop solutions for observed problems
- Formulate a strategic plan to develop systems and metrics that increase productivity in the business
- Proactively identify testing and process improvements independent of quality issues (e.g., simplification, cost-down, durability improvements, sampling rates, tool improvement, etc.)
- Set performance and deadlines goals that comply with the company's plans and vision
- Lead cross-functional problem-solving teams across all business units
- Organize workflow and ensure that team participants understand their duties and delegated tasks
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team