Posted on 1/18/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote
- 10+ years experience in product design, creative, or art direction
- 6+ years leading a creative team at an agency or in-house
- Excellent ability to explain your creative vision and inspire others, but also solicit and listen to feedback
- You lead with passion and vision, and inspire others to deliver their best work while keeping them engaged and happy
- A portfolio that shows your impact leading
- Product design systems
- Content Strategy, Tone of Voice and UX writing
- Expertise in leading and managing cross-disciplinary teams of product designers and brand creatives to produce moments of delight in products
- Experience in treating creative teams as a business function. Leading the team with an equal emphasis on world-class creative development at a high pace while monitoring the results to improve continually
- Lead and develop the teams responsible for producing our in-product creative content. This includes art direction, illustration, motion, and audio content as well as defining overall tone and voice
- The role will lead the work across the whole spectrum of in-product systems:
- Product Design Systems like icons, product components, motion, and UI libraries
- In-product Creative assets like emojis, stickers, and profile decorations that people use to communicate and express themselves. Illustration and animation in the product that delight and inform how Discord works
- Finally, the content strategy, tone of voice, and words used to guide people through their Discord journey
- Bring new, creative ideas and approaches to our product and processes that blend traditional brand creative into our product features
- Exceptional quality at the speed of development. You will lead and continually produce content that matches the pace and quality of feature development. Working closely with the product and marketing teams to iterate the design and creative elements as we learn how it works
- Create a deep culture of collaboration, feedback, and openness as your team partners with Product Marketers, Product, Design, Brand, and more to bring great work to life
- Creative for in-product content ( for Emojis, stickers, illustration styles, content templates, etc)
- Familiar with Product designers and the tools they use
- Familiar with 3D and 2D illustrators and the tools they use
- Familiar with Animators/Motion Designers and the tools they use
Gaming communication platform
Discord's mission is to build an easy-to-use communication service that gives people a place to talk, build relationships, and belong.
- Stay healthy - We take care of our team with comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
- Parental perks - Spend some quality time with the next generation with parental leave, fertility, adoption, and surrogacy benefits.
- Kick back - Stay refreshed with over 19 paid holidays, use-what-you-need sick days, and four weeks of PTO.
- Commute easy - In a non-COVID world, get up to $270 per month for your commuting and parking needs.
- The loadout - When we’re back in the office, enjoy daily catered lunches and snacks, a desk fund to make your space yours, and whatever you need for your computer setup, including a headphone allowance.
- Wellness on us - Take advantage of a quarterly wellness allowance for your gym membership or other wellness activities. Virtual yoga every week!
- Transgender benefits - Discord will reimburse up to $20,000 for any procedure related to transition.
- Discord HQ - Our office is located in Potrero Hill, a little neighborhood in San Francisco near awesome coffee and food.
- Relocation - Excellent relocation bonuses for new hires moving to San Francisco (once it’s safe to return).
Company Core Values
- Upside Down Leadership
- Small & Mighty Teams
- Unleash Talent
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint