Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a STEM discipline and 1+ years of professional software engineering experience; OR 3+ years of professional software engineering experience in lieu a degree
- Experience with version control, continuous integration, and continuous delivery concepts
- 2+ years of experience in web applications development
- Expertise with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Terraform
- Experience with build systems (Make, Bazel / Pants / Buck, Gradle) and package management tools (pip, npm)
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring
- Experience scaling web applications and optimizing applications for performance
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
- You may be asked to work extended hours/weekends dependent on launch cadence
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Build and maintain software systems that are used by the entire company to deliver software to SpaceX's fleet
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
- Act as a responsible engineer for various software products
- Deep dive into your users' problems, find efficient solutions
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.