IT Service Support Analyst
Posted on 1/10/2024
Provides clean, affordable Energy as a Service
Sunnova Energy International Inc. stands out as a leading Energy as a Service (EaaS) provider in the U.S., demonstrating its industry leadership through its commitment to providing clean, affordable, and reliable energy. The company's culture is centered around empowering energy independence, giving homeowners and businesses the freedom to live life uninterrupted. This commitment to customer service is reflected in their high ratings, setting them apart from competitors in the energy sector.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 9%
1 year growth↑ 41%
2 year growth↑ 132%
Houston, TX, USA
IT & Security
- Associate degree plus additional training in IT support areas
- 3+ years of progressive IT support role experience
- 1+ years of Asset Management experience
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience supporting, configuring and trouble-shooting desktops, laptops, and other office peripherals
- Legally authorized to work in the US for any employer
- Coordinating, ordering, shipping and receiving hardware
- Regular analysis of onboarding and offboarding users related to properly issuing hardware and checking hardware back in
- Analyzing license tracking for users across over 100 cloud and license platforms
- Provide regular reporting to management to identify supply shortages for hardware and licenses
- Performs scheduled asset audit tasks
- Manages case system requests either in-person or over the phone
- Installs, modifies, and repairs computer hardware and software
- Runs diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Monitors licensing utilization and hardware inventory
- Tests pending software updates
- Prepares progress reports for all work performed and maintains time-logging for cases
- Responds to threats to Sunnova users like phishing, vishing, malware and other end-user challenges
- Backstops our Access Control team who creates and manages new user accounts from roughly 100 local and cloud-based systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with AWS, Identity and Access Management and Microsoft Azure administration
- Proficient use of Salesforce.com and other cloud solutions
- Working knowledge of Windows server administration with Active Directory and systems management tools
- Experience with PC imaging, PXE Boot and desktop management including application deployment and driver and .MSI file updates
- Experience with administering Office 365 – Microsoft Office’s Teams, Exchange, Excel, OneDrive and/or SharePoint
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or all of the following: SQL, Python, PowerShell and/or Selenium script ability
- Basic knowledge of VoIP/Cloud telephony systems like RingCentral
- Experience utilizing a help desk ticketing system to record and track customer reported incidents and track time to cases
- Experience testing new software releases including internally developed systems
Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova (NYSE: NOVA) is revolutionizing the energy industry as a leading Energy as a Service (EaaS) provider of solar, battery storage, EV charging, and other energy solutions with customers spanning the U.S. and its territories. Founded in 2012, our goal is to provide homeowners, businesses, and communities with a better energy service at a better price – making clean, renewable energy more accessible, reliable, and affordable.
At Sunnova, we believe that our success comes from the diversity and creativity of our people. Our team is made up of forward-thinkers who are passionate about changing the energy industry for the better, and we’re looking for like-minded individuals to join us. We encourage our people to push beyond traditional limits and explore new horizons – because only then can we truly transform the world for the better.
If you’re excited about being a part of the fastest-growing segment of the energy industry, we want you on our team!
THE ANALYST, SERVICE SUPPORT – ASSET CONTROL POSITION
Sunnova Energy is searching for an Analyst, Service Support for Asset Control to be responsible for ensuring effective computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This role provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work well under pressure, and own deliverables end to end.
ANALYST, SERVICE SUPPORT – ASSET CONTROL RESPONSIBILITIES
•A member of our Asset Management team who will be coordinating, ordering, shipping and receiving hardware. Regular analysis of onboarding and offboarding users related to properly issuing hardware and checking hardware back in. Audit reports of the processes.
•Analyzing license tracking for users across over 100 cloud and license platforms.
•Provide regular reporting to management to identify supply shortages for hardware and licenses.
•Performs scheduled asset audit tasks.
•Manages case system requests either in-person or over the phone; maintains. timely and accurate help desk request records using ticketing system.
•Walks customer through problem-solving process from ticket to completion.
•Installs, modifies, and repairs computer hardware and software.
•Runs diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
•Installs computer peripherals for users.
•Monitors licensing utilization and hardware inventory.
•Tests pending software updates.
•Prepares progress reports for all work performed and maintains time-logging for cases.
•Responds to threats to Sunnova users like phishing, vishing, malware and other end-user challenges.
•Backstops our Access Control team who creates and manages new user accounts from roughly 100 local and cloud-based systems.
•Associate degree plus additional training in IT support areas.
•3+ years of progressive IT support role experience.
•1+ years of Asset Management experience.
•Ability to successfully deliver superior customer service.
•Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills, along with a determination to tackle challenges.
•Experience supporting, configuring and trouble-shooting desktops, laptops, and other office peripherals in an office setting; experience configuring and troubleshooting smart phones (iOS, Android).
•Legally authorized to work in the US for any employer.
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
•Experience with AWS, Identity and Access Management and Microsoft Azure administration.
•Proficient use of Salesforce.com and other cloud solutions preferred.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
•Working knowledge of Windows server administration with Active Directory (provisioning, group policies, OU, etc.) and systems management tools, as well as Azure AD Premium or AWS Active Directory service.
•Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10/pro/enterprise and Apple OS for iPad/Mac.
•Experience with PC imaging, PXE Boot and desktop management including application deployment and driver and .MSI file updates – SCCM and/or MS InTune, End Point Manager and Configuration Manager.
•Experience with administering Office 365 – Microsoft Office’s Teams, Exchange, Excel, OneDrive and/or SharePoint.
•Demonstrated knowledge of one or all of the following: SQL, Python, PowerShell and/or Selenium script ability.
•Basic knowledge of VoIP/Cloud telephony systems like RingCentral; able to provide provision and setup new phones through administration of MAC addresses.
•Experience utilizing a help desk ticketing system to record and track customer reported incidents and track time to cases.
•Experience testing new software releases including internally developed systems.
•Flexible hybrid schedule – office and home opportunities
•On call rotational evening/weekend duties
•Ability to periodically lift up to 50 pounds
•Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
•Finger dexterity working with small electronics on a regular basis
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
•Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
•Competitive compensation & annual bonus
•Paid time off, including 11 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
LOCATION: Houston, TX
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We appreciate the capabilities of artificial intelligence (AI), and we are looking to hire real people. If you use AI for any part of the job application process, we highly encourage that you review any AI generated content to ensure your personality and unique capabilities are highlighted. We reserve the right to disqualify candidates that we reasonably believe solely relied on AI generated content in the application process.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.