Detection & Response
Posted on 3/3/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote
- Strong domain knowledge in security incident response and detection
- 3+ years of experience in at least one general purpose programming language (e.g. Python, Rust, Go)
- 3+ years experience securing, monitoring, log analysis and conducting investigations in cloud-based environments (we use Google Cloud)
- Experience contributing code to a fast-moving codebase and deploying artifacts to production
- Knowledge of malware and exploit tools, attacker methodologies, techniques, and procedures for infiltration and persistence
- Experience in detection building from large datasets to automate incident detection and response processes
- Experience “threat hunting,” i.e. using threat intel to proactively and iteratively investigate potential risks and finding suspicious behavior in the environment
- Experience building and iterating on observability of large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with container orchestration technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Experience with serverless technologies (e.g. Cloudflare Workers, Google Cloud Functions)
- Use your background in application, network, and cloud security to act as subject matter expert in incident response
- Identify, analyze, and respond to malicious behaviors from a variety of sources and create action plans to mitigate similar incidents in the future
- Research new threat attack vectors and ensure that our detection and response capability is in line with the current threat landscape
- Develop automation to improve detection and response time and reduce the likelihood and effect of future incidents
- Collaborate with Product, Infrastructure, and Safety teams to identify new alert sources and detections as it pertains to new product development
- Support threat intelligence, threat hunting, intrusion detection, and penetration testing efforts
- Participate in developing well-engineered and performant detective tooling and automation
- Experience with detection and response in BeyondCorp / Zero-trust network environments
- Hands on experience with Google Cloud, Cloudflare, Panther SIEM
Gaming communication platform
Discord's mission is to build an easy-to-use communication service that gives people a place to talk, build relationships, and belong.
- Stay healthy - We take care of our team with comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
- Parental perks - Spend some quality time with the next generation with parental leave, fertility, adoption, and surrogacy benefits.
- Kick back - Stay refreshed with over 19 paid holidays, use-what-you-need sick days, and four weeks of PTO.
- Commute easy - In a non-COVID world, get up to $270 per month for your commuting and parking needs.
- The loadout - When we’re back in the office, enjoy daily catered lunches and snacks, a desk fund to make your space yours, and whatever you need for your computer setup, including a headphone allowance.
- Wellness on us - Take advantage of a quarterly wellness allowance for your gym membership or other wellness activities. Virtual yoga every week!
- Transgender benefits - Discord will reimburse up to $20,000 for any procedure related to transition.
- Discord HQ - Our office is located in Potrero Hill, a little neighborhood in San Francisco near awesome coffee and food.
- Relocation - Excellent relocation bonuses for new hires moving to San Francisco (once it’s safe to return).
Company Core Values
- Upside Down Leadership
- Small & Mighty Teams
- Unleash Talent
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint