ABOUT THE ROLE
Accela is currently seeking an Account Executive for the Pacific Northwest, U.S. The ideal candidate is experienced at maintaining and growing the investments of Enterprise Accounts, specifically government agencies located in the Pacific Northwest. The Account Executive will be responsible for maintaining and growing existing client relationships and for selling Accela’s subscription and perpetual licenses. Activities include assisting with direct marketing and lead generation campaigns, attending trade shows, assisting with account collection, managing sales efforts, prospecting, lead follow-up, preparation of budgetary estimates, preparation of proposals, contract negotiations, and contract closures as well as actively documenting these activities within Salesforce.com. The ideal candidate must also understand project delivery and actively participate at a high-level if needed. The Account Executive will be expected to facilitate customer interactions with all departments within Accela.
- Achieves quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Identify and build relationships with key decision makers in existing client organizations
- Develop an understanding of business issues and opportunities to deliver high-impact solutions and manage the client roadmap
- Create strong customer loyalty and demand within accounts
- Maintain and grow revenue from existing clients by selling and cross selling our solutions into new departments
- Lead and contribute to RFP responses
- Lead the development of account plans and manage periodic account reviews
- Manage an existing account and continue to build pipeline
- Ability to accurately forecast opportunities for a rolling 12-month cycle
- Facilitate discussions internally and externally relative to customer coordination
- Provide proactive customer communication on product roadmap, delivery, and support initiatives
- Support Regional and National User Group meetings
- 5+ years of experience selling enterprise-wide solutions (both software and services) to local government agencies or the private sector
- Industry domain knowledge
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to achieve set goals and deadlines
- Understanding of project delivery and coordination with delivery teams
- Prior RFP response skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent customer service skills
- Can build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Can problem solve quickly
- Gains client loyalty
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to identify gaps and growth potential
For nearly 20 years, Accela has been an industry leader in designing and delivering government software to improve efficiency, increase citizen engagement and enable the development of thriving communities. Today, citizens are savvy to how services should be delivered, and expect a consistently convenient, openly transparent view into their local government. While government agencies struggle to do more with less, our mission has never been more critical. Accela provides a robust, cloud-based platform of government software solutions that accelerate growth, efficiency, and transparency in communities of all sizes. From planning, to building, to service request management and more, Accela’s SaaS offerings level the playing field for small and medium governments and enable smaller agencies to leverage larger city technologies. Our open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are well prepared for the emerging challenges of the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Accela believes in developing and nurturing a workplace community where our differences are celebrated, and everyone feels a sense of psychological safety and belonging. Accela is committed to putting resources and attention towards evolving our practices, policies, and philosophies to enable diversity to thrive and to support equity in opportunity for everyone.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and will respond to requests for job accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.