Introduction to Demandbase:
Demandbase is the Smarter GTM™ company for B2B brands. We help B2B companies hit their revenue goals using fewer resources. How? By aligning their sales and marketing teams around a combination of their data, our data, and artificial intelligence — what we call Account Intelligence — so they can identify, engage, and focus their time and money on the accounts most likely to buy.
As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, and India, as well as a team in the UK, and allow employees to work remotely. We have also beencontinuously recognized as one of the best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area including, “Best Workplaces for Millennials” and “Best Workplaces for Parents”!
We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission to transform how B2B goes to market. We encourage people from historically underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
The compensation range for this role is: $130,000 - $251,250.
We’re looking for a Sr. Technical Program Manager focused on security and risk reduction to lead complex risk mitigation initiatives across Demandbase. You’ll leverage a blend of engineering depth, security & risk management expertise, and program management skills to coordinate across the company, from senior executive stakeholders to engineering individual contributors. You’ll work closely with our GRC, Privacy, and Security teams to scope & lead highly-visible programs to reduce risk, improve resilience, and further enhance our privacy controls. You will report to our CISO and will be expected to regularly update our General Counsel on progress as well as work closely with other program managers on the engineering team. This is a remote role, with the expectation that we’ll meet in person and with the broader team a few times throughout the year. Bring your passion, expertise, initiative, and creativity to Demandbase and help us take our risk management to the next level of excellence!
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead program management for key risk reduction initiatives with board-level visibility
- Drive consensus with multiple stakeholders, including Governance, Risk, Compliance, Privacy, Security, Engineering, and Operations leadership
- Coordinate creation & review of technical specifications for architectural and operational platform improvements
- Work with individual teams to ensure they understand their roles, accept work items into their backlogs, and prioritize that work appropriately
- Define and manage progress and success metrics
- Report initiative progress to stakeholders, highlighting any project risks, roadblocks, and necessary corrective actions
- Advise stakeholders on triage and remediation of identified risks, security issues, and control gaps
- Regularly report to leaders in Security and Legal on the status of assigned projects and create metrics demonstrating the progress of risk mitigation
- Support audit and compliance initiatives such as SOC 2, Privacy, ISO 27001, and NIST CSF
- Participate in roadmap planning for Security, GRC, and Privacy programs
What we’re looking for:
- 8 years in engineering roles (including product security roles) at a software company
- 4 years as a TPM at a software company
- 4 years in security & risk domains at a software company
- Advanced technical program management skills, particularly in cross-organization influence and leading complex initiatives
- Engineering expertise sufficient to review technical architectures and work directly with engineering teams to scope & plan technical risk reduction projects
- Experience with public cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Domain expertise in risk management, security, privacy, and compliance topics
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to take a pragmatic, risk-based approach to decision making while applying practical security principles and practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, particularly in leading through influence across the organization
- Strong ability to work independently and learn new skills as necessary to be successful
- Certifications & academic degrees are nice to have – but we’re far more interested in seeing you demonstrate passion, initiative, and domain expertise.
Our benefits include options for up to 100% paid Medical and Vision premiums for employees, flexible PTO policy, no internal meeting Fridays, Modern Health mental wellness platform, and 11 paid holidays and 2 additional weeks where all Demandbase employees take off (the week of July 4th and the week of Thanksgiving). Plus 401(k), short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, and all those good things.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Demandbase
At Demandbase, we believe in creating a workplace culture that values and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We recognize that everyone brings unique experiences, perspectives, and identities to the table, and we are committed to building a community where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. Discrimination of any kind is not tolerated, and we strive to ensure that every individual has an equal opportunity to succeed and grow, regardless of their gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, background, marital status, genetic information, education level, veteran status, national origin, or any other protected status. We do not automatically disqualify applicants with criminal records and will consider each applicant on a case-by-case basis.
We also understand that women often face unique challenges pursuing careers in tech, and we believe that diversity drives innovation and growth. That’s why we encourage talented women to apply for roles at Demandbase, even if they don’t have all of the required skills listed in the job description.
We acknowledge that true diversity and inclusion require ongoing effort, and we are committed to doing the work required to make our workplace a safe and equitable space for all. Join us in building a community where we can learn from each other, celebrate our differences, and work together.