Sr. Technical Recruiter
Posted on 9/24/2022
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of professional experience as a recruiter; or associate degree and 6+ years of professional experience as a recruiter; or 7+ years of professional experience as a recruiter in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years of technical recruiting experience
- Experience recruiting electrical, mechanical, manufacturing and/or aerospace engineers
- Experience with high volume recruiting
- Experience with full life cycle recruiting (screening candidates, facilitating interviews and extending offers)
- Ability to distinguish between the top 50% and the top 5% of talent within their respective fields
- Demonstrated expertise in non-standard recruiting methods: cold calling candidates and companies, organizing and executing ad hoc networking events, identifying industry experts and finding unique methods to engage with them, creating unique targeted sourcing campaigns, etc
- Comfortable interfacing directly with hiring managers including director and VP level technical leaders
- Ability to build strong relationships with both hiring managers and candidates
- Ability to accurately present but not oversell candidates to client groups; influence decisions by acting as the subject matter expert on talent but avoid dictating client decisions
- Ability to multi-task and operate with little direction while still being an active team member
- Available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- This position is based in Hawthorne, CA (Los Angeles are) and requires being onsite 100% - remote or hybrid schedule not available
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.